Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
You're talking about general usage; by this token, people who correct anyone who uses "would of", "could of", "should of" is being a bell-end. Why is it OK to correct one and not the other? And I wasn't doing it to be a bell-end or show off, by the way. There's nothing wrong with correcting grammar or vocab usage if you're not doing it specifically to belittle somebody, and I wasn't.

You're not wrong to do it Carbomb, TripleA's just a bit embarrassed is all.

• Paid Members
Embarrassed by what? I wasn't the one that got corrected :confused:

Oh...I stand corrected myself. Still, then why are you acting so upset? It comes across as though Carbomb corrected you and you're just throwing your toys out of the pram in response.

• Paid Members
Oh...I stand corrected myself. Still, then why are you acting so upset? It comes across as though Carbomb corrected you and you're just throwing your toys out of the pram in response.

I'm not upset, just being honest and saying that sometimes the whole "you shouldn't say "this" when "that" is the correct term" posts sometimes come across as a bit know-it-all. I'm not like sat fuming or anything, just saying.

• Paid Members
I'm not upset, just being honest and saying that sometimes the whole "you shouldn't say "this" when "that" is the correct term" posts sometimes come across as a bit know-it-all. I'm not like sat fuming or anything, just saying.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Personally I'd rather be corrected than continue believing what I said was correct.

• Paid Members

manofsteelsupermanbig.jpg

I think he looks cool, it means a lot to me that they're still trying to make him look like the comic character we all know and love and recognise, every filmmaker seems to want to make comic book movies so realistic and reinvent them that I thought our next Superman would be Will Smith in a black trenchcoat.

He also looks manlier than Christopher Reeve or Brandon Routh which is good.

Anyone else notice he doesn't have the iconic red pants? I'm willing to let that minor change slide.

A lot more excited about this than Batman after seeing those pitiful micro Bane and Catwoman pics.

• Paid Members
Really? Not even taken in the context of something like "national anthem"? It's always felt grand to me.

Yes, really. I think the reason for me is that the term anthem has been diluted considerably. It all links back to when I was a kid listening to various music compilations such "The decade's Indie Anthems" etc etc. I got used to everyone around labelling a mediocre track an anthem that the term lost all it's meaning to me.

• Paid Members
Yes, really. I think the reason for me is that the term anthem has been diluted considerably. It all links back to when I was a kid listening to various music compilations such "The decade's Indie Anthems" etc etc. I got used to everyone around labelling a mediocre track an anthem that the term lost all it's meaning to me.

Ahh, right. Yeah, it's a horribly misused word. Well, up to you, of course; I suppose, taken with the most flexibility, it shouldn't matter unless your job centres around writing or public speaking. But I still feel it was right to bring it up - I wasn't saying it to be a dick, I figured I'd be doing someone a favour.

• Paid Members
Ahh, right. Yeah, it's a horribly misused word. Well, up to you, of course; I suppose, taken with the most flexibility, it shouldn't matter unless your job centres around writing or public speaking. But I still feel it was right to bring it up - I wasn't saying it to be a dick, I figured I'd be doing someone a favour.

I agree totally. I definitely think it's quite an interesting and relevant comment. As one person already stated, they were glad you brought it up to begin with. At no point did I get the impression you were attempting to be a dick about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The hair could grow on me, but that suit, GAH! I like it even less now. The lack of red pants and yellow belt really make me angry. I want a Superman film I can love, not one that makes me wanna scream at the screen!

I'm actually suprised at the amount of love other people have for it.

I think he looks cool, it means a lot to me that they're still trying to make him look like the comic character we all know and love and recognise, every filmmaker seems to want to make comic book movies so realistic and reinvent them that I thought our next Superman would be Will Smith in a black trenchcoat.

Only just seen this. He doesn't look like the comicbook character though. I get what you mean about drastic changes they could make, and I also get that his look has evolved through the comics too. But He just feels wrong to me. Just look at his first ever appearance...

1938_superman_comic_lifting_car.jpg

Bright red, blue, red pants! Ok, the shield on the front has changed since then, but the basics are there.

EDIT: Off topic, but I actually have the full version of that comic at home, interesting read, especially descovering how his origin story has altered.

Now his first appearance with his own comic

250px-Superman_1.jpg

Again the shield is still not as we know it now, but he's got the bright red boots, cape, pants combined with the blue suit.

As he came to be known

Superman-2007-calendar-01.jpg

This is probably the most iconic look he had and probably the most loved. It's almost the same as his first appearence, just a little tidying up. The biggest difference being the shield. It's a look that did him well though multiple TV Shows and movies. Why mess with that?

EDIT II: Brighten up the red and yellow a bit and there's not a lot wrong with the Superman Returns suit

313698_10150268110807215_725022214_7717364_5527805_n.jpg

EDIT III: I've played around with the new suit a bit, shame he's not got the cape on in this pic, but I think this looks much better

321576_10150268121632215_725022214_7717400_1744616_n.jpg

Unfortunately I can't add the red pants without making it look shit though

312373_10150268121577215_725022214_7717399_1712844_n.jpg

Edited by DJ Kris

• Paid Members
Looks like they are using the new suit.

smcv1.jpg

At least in part, judging by the lack of red pants.

That looks better than the one from the movie but only because everything else about the suit seems to be right. However, I don't think that's actually Superman. Look at his eyes!

• Paid Members

No it is, it was unveiled in January as the new outfit. I dont know if its actually been used yet though, maybe they are timing it to enter around the same time as the film.

Just quickly googled it, that image is the cover of Superman #1: The Man of Tomorrow. Have they started that line yet?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2011/06/11/new-s...stume-revealed/