Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I've been looking forward to the Dave Taylor shoot for ages. The Billy Regal Colt podcast should be ace too.

I find Sean Oliver a bit grating, but he's light years ahead of any other shoot interviewer. Feinstein is useless but even he's magnificent compared to that Nestor bloke on no-kayfaben.

• Paid Members

Ian, you are a legend. If not for you, that Taylor interview would have ended up unwatched in a cupboard along with most things I buy.

Watched it tonight and it's cracking. Hearing a guy who talks like us talking about Cena and Sting and stuff is just great. Seems to have such a fantastic attitude to it all. Best bit has been covered by Ian but his "Only Indy show where I didn't get paid by some FAT, FUCKING BASTARD" is great. Especially when he explains that he tells the young lads to always ask for cash but he took a cheque because he believed some bullshit story. His Tracey Smothers dance and his impression of what the Nasty Boys do in the corner are great visuals as well. Doesn't seem to have a great memory for dates but it doesn't matter one bit.

Watched a bit of the matches on the DVD. Tracey Smothers looks like shit.

• Moderators
He really is your Dad isn't he? Some old funny bloke, who gets names wrong while making his point in brilliant fashion. "I were talking to Nigel McGuinness, this is still when he were DUSTY WOLF in TNA". Then he starts talking about how William Regal phoned him to go round his house and fix his wife's car that week. What a top bloke.

I think that's exactly what it is. He is my dad. The story about sorting out Regal's wife's car battery that morning is brilliant, as well as his Sgt Buddy Lee Parker impression.

Taylor shoot sounds the part. For how much the Brits will love it, I bet the Americans hate it. Just remembered meeting Taylor after an All Star show where he did the job to Johnny South's 'Legend of Doom'. Taylor was Dave "The Model" Taylor I'm sure!

Re: Tracy Smothers, I thought he was rank rotten when he did his UK shows a few years ago. I think I was in the minority though as he was a busy man!

• Paid Members
They do hate each other, but its all done for a payday. Like worked shoots on camera. You tell your real feelings, you have a real argument, you personally attack each other and when someone gives you the sign behind the camera, go into work mode. They are both so desperate at this stage in the game because all their luxury bookings have been wasted and they are scraping by due to lack of interest that they'll do anything now. Its a bloke with one eye and brain damage arguing with a bloke with no teeth who's lost 100 pounds in the last year. They are knackered.

it's always fascinated me that people can put real problems aside or weave them into a pro wrestling angle, i love it when the line is blurred and New Jack (as much as he's hated) does it as good as anyone, it's hard to tell if he's working or shooting, i think it's gotten to the point where i don't think he even knows anymore.

I'll watch that outta morbid curiosity...Balls Mahoney is a fucking mess though, has any of the ECW-alumni fallen as far as Balls? Raven's a mess but he's got nothing on Balls, poor fucker.

They do hate each other, but its all done for a payday. Like worked shoots on camera. You tell your real feelings, you have a real argument, you personally attack each other and when someone gives you the sign behind the camera, go into work mode. They are both so desperate at this stage in the game because all their luxury bookings have been wasted and they are scraping by due to lack of interest that they'll do anything now. Its a bloke with one eye and brain damage arguing with a bloke with no teeth who's lost 100 pounds in the last year. They are knackered.

it's always fascinated me that people can put real problems aside or weave them into a pro wrestling angle, i love it when the line is blurred and New Jack (as much as he's hated) does it as good as anyone, it's hard to tell if he's working or shooting, i think it's gotten to the point where i don't think he even knows anymore.

I'll watch that outta morbid curiosity...Balls Mahoney is a fucking mess though, has any of the ECW-alumni fallen as far as Balls? Raven's a mess but he's got nothing on Balls, poor fucker.

Ironically, Raven's a mess because he came off drugs. That's why he's put on so much weight. Face wise, I think he looks dreadful just because of all the previous drug problems he had have caught up with him. Saying that, WCW Raven is barely recognisable to the Raven of today.

He's excellent on the New Jack Breaking Kayfabe. Shockingly, he gets New Jack to drop his gimmick and New Jack comes across as the nicest and realest person in wrestling. Which is a surprise because I thought I'd have liked the X-Pac one much better.

In general, Oliver is really good. Far better than Feinstein. They aren't even in the same league.

Just finished watching this. Incredible interview all round. Nothing like a wrestling shoot interview at all. Almost like sitting in on a therapy session. Never thought I would ever see New Jack crying, that's for sure. Fair play to Oliver for being able to go back and forth with these guys the way he does. There obviously has to be a massive sense of trust between him and the talent to make these things work. I hate to imagine what a Feinstein version of this would be like.

Where can i find the Dave Taylor shoot, lads? Checked XWT but nowt that i can see and PWT is down.....

Somehow, it's been pulled off all the file share sites. It seems to be the one shoot interview that the makers care about being pirated. Or just nobody's uploaded it to xwt because Taylor's a no mark. I really want to see it, I'm hoping it turns up soon.