Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Sean Oliver's good. I don't think he ever comes across as being one of the boys. He always maintains a distance, even with his mates. He's easily the best shoot presenter around.

I just think he asks questions sometimes as if he already knows the answer. As if he was there or something. He is good though, probably even excellent if you compare him to most stiffs on wrestling shoots or radio shows. He does make a bit of a tit of himself on the 99 timeline though. Venis tells a story of Owen Hart ringing up pretending to be some long-haired fan who Venis had refused to sign a big stack of photos for. Oliver starts going on about how Owen had worn a wig to pretend to be the fan. It's a funny exchange.

• Paid Members

Sean Oliver is annoying as fuck on the Breaking Kayfabe with X-Pac. He goes all Jeremy Kyle, which is unsettling. Then he starts banging on about Montreal for 5 minutes, which seems a bit out of place on a DVD where they've talked about X-Pac being raped as a child for most of it. He's excellent on the New Jack Breaking Kayfabe. Shockingly, he gets New Jack to drop his gimmick and New Jack comes across as the nicest and realest person in wrestling. Which is a surprise because I thought I'd have liked the X-Pac one much better.

In general, Oliver is really good. Far better than Feinstein. They aren't even in the same league.

• Paid Members
I find it amazing that Feinstein will still ask a question, the guest will ask for clarity, and neither RF nor his crew have a clue about what they're asking. It strikes me he's printing someone's Obsessed with Wrestling page or the like, and taking it from there.

As such I find Sean Oliver much better!

What irritates me with Feinstein, among many other things, is his insistance on sticking to a strict order of bland questions. He'll ask his usual "Memories of.....?" question and then the wrestler answers and starts elaborating with a story. Feinstein cuts them off and says "yeah we'll get to that later, memories of working with....?". And then never returns to the subject and we never hear the story.

Pisses me off. And he does it in almost every shoot. We've probably missed some great stories because of this. I seem to recall Nash in his RF shoot looking a bit pissed off when Feinstein cut him off with the old "Yeah I'm gonna ask you about that later".

Feinstein is a fuck awful interviewer.

I quite like Sean Oliver to be fair. The few KC shoots I've seen he actually lets the wrestlers finish before he jumps in with his next question. And at least he can ask a question without the first word being 'memories' every time.

The strangest thing about RF for me is him asking folk that weren't on the 2002 Insurrextion tour what their thoughts are on the 'plane ride from hell', yet failing to ask most of the notable culprits about it when he interviews them.

Edited by Ant

• Paid Members

He's excellent. His whole career seemed to be him not being bothered about doing much and encountering all these opportunities. He didn't want to work for WCW but Bischoff liked him. He wasn't looking for work in the WWE and they invited him down and liked his work. He's above it all, yet finds himself in these great positions. His story about WWE wanting him to move to Cincinnati to train wrestlers and he wouldn't is great. "I'm not moving" and JR tells him "we are asking you to sacfifice something for the company", and Taylor replies, "Well I 'int sacrificing fuck all". His delivery is spot on.

I hope WWE hires him again. He'd be a great road agent or trainer. He's such a top bloke.

He's excellent. His whole career seemed to be him not being bothered about doing much and encountering all these opportunities. He didn't want to work for WCW but Bischoff liked him. He wasn't looking for work in the WWE and they invited him down and liked his work. He's above it all, yet finds himself in these great positions. His story about WWE wanting him to move to Cincinnati to train wrestlers and he wouldn't is great. "I'm not moving" and JR tells him "we are asking you to sacfifice something for the company", and Taylor replies, "Well I 'int sacrificing fuck all". His delivery is spot on.

I hope WWE hires him again. He'd be a great road agent or trainer. He's such a top bloke.

That's awesome as JR seemed absolutely miserable having to relocate to Stamford. And I bet he's not used to folk not 'sacrificing for the company'.

Gabe Sapolsky in the ''Sullivan/Sapolsky WWE TNA merger'' shoot says about 5 times that he did 'a few hours of prep', only to run out of ideas the second week into the fantasy booking.

Not a bad idea between them in the 2 hours they talk but its more about the state of the business, WWE and the indies. Not a bad shoot but a weird combo, neither of them gets enough time to go indepth.

Worth a download.

Just started watching Dave Taylors shoot interview. Funniest fucking thing I've seen in ages. First 30 seconds he says "fuck" about 5 times. Didn't realise he's so hilarious. He hasn't lost any of his accent either. Awesome bloke.

I once did photos for a show where he wrestled Drew McDonald, which must have been the most sweary match of all time. "Ooooh, 'eees gonna rip me foookin' arm off" was uttered once, amongst many "fuck" usages. Great match too. He is a great guy, really down to Earth. Agreed that the shoot interview is a lot of fun.

• Moderators

Dave Taylor on Benoit

Aye, he were a quiet lad back then. Didn't do much, didn't drink or owt.

*chuckles*

People change!

One of my favourite shoots in a long time. And yes, the delivery of "Well I'm not sacrificing fook all, sorry." is one of the best things I've ever heard.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

He really is your Dad isn't he? Some old funny bloke, who gets names wrong while making his point in brilliant fashion. "I were talking to Nigel McGuinness, this is still when he were DUSTY WOLF in TNA". Then he starts talking about how William Regal phoned him to go round his house and fix his wife's car that week. What a top bloke.

TNA fucked up royally picking Al Snow over Dave Taylor. If Taylor was the head roadie, the finishes wouldn't be all shite over the top ECW rip offs with ref bumps and restarts.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay