Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• 3 weeks later...

Im not sure how to add images so heres the Amazon link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Capitol-Revolution-McMahon-Wrestling-Empire/dp/1770411240/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413889538&sr=1-1&keywords=capitol+revolution

This looks like it could be an interesting read, I've watched the History of WWE documentary which I found really fasinating but to read about the rise of WWE from its days as Capitol Wrestling will hopefully give a different perspective, espessially as its being wrote by an outside party.

I hope it goes into Black Saturday in depth because I've read bits and pieces about this (including the interesting wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Saturday_(wrestling) and im hoping its talks about the working relationship between Vince Snr and Vince Jnr, again I know bits but it would be interesting to read more about how their working relationship went alongside their father/son relationship. I've always had the feeling that Vince Snr relucatantly sold to his son and I'd like to know more about that if true.

• Moderators

Read Jericho's newest. He comes off awful in it. No self awareness, really considers himself THE MAN, but it's a good insight how to Vince McMahon's brain works. Vince is the best thing about the book easily, like the texts he sends.

Yeah Iv always had they impression from Chris Jericho that he has a pretty big ego and is under they impression that WWE needs Chris Jericho when in actual fact its probably Chris Jericho needs WWE, especially since his TV work had dried up and his rock band failed/failing to set the world on fire. Iv never really been a big fan of Jericho, if it weren't for his recent returns over the past few years reminding casual fans of WWE who he is, he'd be largely forgettable. I think unlike the Rock, Austin, Shawn Michaels etc who no longer need the spotlight but dip in and out of it, Chris Jericho is hanging on it with both hands but trying to put over they impression he can take it or leave it. 

• Paid Members

Don't want to derail but in what is he not top 10?

On promos, maybe not of all time, but certainly in the modern era, and definitely in WWE right now.

On ring work, again not of all time, not of the modern era, and not even worldwide now, but certainly in the WWE again.

And mainstream recognition? To an American audience of both casuals and hardcores, definitely.

Whatever your opinion of his books - I've not read any so I have no idea how he comes across - to dismiss him for regarding himself highly shows 1) a lack of understanding of pro-wrestlers and 2) a skewed view of wrestling reality.

He's not an Observer Hall of Famer for nothing.

Back to books!

• Paid Members

Jericho is nowhere near top ten in any of those things you think he is. If you really think he's one of the ten most famous wrestlers of all time, you're actually mental.

Of the former, name those above him. And the latter, I should have stipulated currently active/modern era.

• Paid Members

When's he modern era? As I could probably easily come up with 10 to beat him on promos and talent as a worker.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that the modern era is 2001-now, after the fall of WCW. So promo guys since then, and WWE workers now.

• Moderators

Promo since 2001's an easy one.

Steve Austin.

The Rock,

Edge (as overrated as I think he is),

CM Punk,

Konnan (the LAX thing was tremendous),

Mark Henry (quietly one of the best),

Hulk Hogan,

Santino Marella,

Mick Foley,

John Cena,