Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Spandex... book. It's a good look at the business in Britain today and covers quite a broad range of subjects like referees that aren't normally covered in this type of thing. There's also a really good chapter on the influence of Andre Baker. It's kind of a modern take on the Simon Garfield book, but in more of a prose rather than "oral history" style.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Has anyone read The Last Wrestlers: A Far Flung Journey In Search of a Manly Art ?

I saw it in Poundland earlier. I guess it shows how cheap i am that i didn't just buy it!

I bought it a few years ago. It took me about 3 months to read 10 pages. Dull as fuck.

Anybody know when more bio's are being released? I look on Amazon from time to time but I can't find any new books coming out soon that interest me.

Is there a website that lists release dates for wrestling related books, there seems to be no good ones coming out soon. I read that Jericho's new one is out soon not sure I'd bother getting that, I've lost interest in Jericho lately.

I'm looking forward in some ways to the Rock releasing his 2nd book, I believes its a follow up from his first which will tell all about his run during the 00's and his return. I'm more of a fan of books that talk about the territory days of the 70's/80's but I could be tempted to buy his book.

I'd love for Ricky Steamboat to release a book!

Yeah he does and I have been tempted to buy it but it has mixed reviews so I'm still unsure, theres nothing I hate more than waiting for the book to be delivered and then being disapointed within the first few pages (JYD!)

And its nice to know WWE will be releasing those 18 books, I really hope they aren't on current or recent WWE Superstars, I couldn't think of anything worse than reading a book about a guy who hasn't been in the business that long and isn't very old so more than likely hasn't got a decent story to tell like I can imagine Batista's book to be like.

I'm looking forward to Backlunds book, now theres a guy who I can imagine has an interesting story that ranges over a few decades, very interested and looking forward to reading it.

Bob Backlund's is due out soon and I'd heard Jake Roberts had one coming out! I'd love to see Steambaot do one but as proper one like Bret's. There's been so many stars who could have done a decent book but it ended up being utter shit (Tito Santana!)

If Jake is doing one through WWE will they have to PG it for Mattel?>

• Paid Members

Norton was one of those people who never made it to the WWF because Bischoff had him on a bigger downside guarantee than Triple H and the Rock were. He was on high 6 figures, past the $500,000 range, which as much as I love big Norton, is mental. There's a lot of people like that over the years. AJ Styles is in the same boat. He was paid to well for years that its pretty much to late to sign him when he's out of contract.

I wonder if Norton still has his money now?