Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

What was the last WWE biography? Doesn't seem to have been one in ages.

Goldust's, I think. Awful, it was.?

I've read every WWE release and Goldust's was by far the worst. Absolutely awful. It always amused me how much Karl Stern thought it was fantastic. The book had no redeeming qualities at all.

I was thinking of buying the Lex Luger book, the Bob Holly book and Memphis Wrestling in 1982 for my holiday.

Any good?

Currently going through Hollys book, havent read much of it but Im flying through it, I think it might be quite short, or else he's flying through his 'before wrestling' stuff. Hes very direct and blunt but its to be expected. I'll chime in once he's dished some dirt and got to his wrestling career.

Edited by Cobra1000

The Bob Holly book is a brilliant read, I highly recommend it certainly one of the best (if not they best) wrestling autobiographies I've read (and I've read a lot) I definetly got a new found understanding and ultimately respect for Holly. He goes into just enough detail about his career, his likes and dislikes about certain people on the roster over the years and backs it all up with pretty justified points. Definitely buy it, you won't be disappointed.

I have just finished reading Pure Dynamite the bio of the Dynamite Kid, it took me a day to read it and overall I really enjoyed the book. Some things that I wouldn't say disliked but wasn't really interested in where his stories of his time touring Japan, I'm not that big on Japanese wrestling and don't know some of the guys he talked about so I struggled with that but he didn't over do it, so it wasn't so bad. He talks a lot about how if it wasn't for him there would be no British Bulldogs tag-team and ultimately no British Bulldog (Davey Boy Smith) which I tend to believe to be true but it would have been interesting to hear Davey Boy's side (obviously not going to happen now) he seems to switch from keeping kayfabe to not which was annoying but what I really loved was he didn't hold back on his stories, likes and dislikes and talks openly about his drug taking which I found honest and genuine. A brilliant book despite its minor flaws and I totally recommend it, more so if your a fan of Japanese wrestling and interested in finding out a different opinion on Stampede wrestling.

Compared to Lex's book, the Goldust book is in the same tier as Bret's book. Its AWFUL.

The book has 220 pages. The first 55 are about college. Page 55-100 is about his entire Florida and WCW run.

His WWF run is covered in 11 pages. His WCW comeback in about 20 pages. A few pages are on Elizabeth, but nothing new. Last 80 pages or so are about being in jail and religion.

HUGE dissapointment.