Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
If it happened to my kid, it'd rip the beating heart out of my chest. I don't know how I'd feel. I know that me ending up in prison after losing our child would kill my wife. I also know that nothing would bring the kid back.

So im not a sick freak who needs help? Maybe i can be a good dad if only you would belive rick.

Thanks.

There is Neil proving my first point perfectly

Its cool to be anti media

• Paid Members
i would have no problem killing them nice and slowly and as painfully as possible doubtful i would have cared how old they where or not.

Must have been another Quote the Raven who wrote this then?

So yes, get those anger issues sorted.

If it was my kid? I wouldnt know, because it hasnt fucking happened! Iam not going to start worrying about what ifs an maybes when there is no good reason to start thinking about them to the nth degree.

No wonder so many people are paralysed by fear these days.

So hows it feel to be a 'fucking lunatic' then?

Not to bad wanna find out? :rolleyes: Yet another one who didnt read my post stating that I again didnt say i wanted to kill them

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

No, it's cool to have your own opinion and not give a shit whether it is or isn't the popular opinion. Stop posting shit just because not everyone agrees with your psycho bollocks.

Also, a word of advice. If you post an opinion and "Glenn Quagmire" champions it. You're a lunatic because he's a fucking nazi.

• Paid Members

No, it's cool to have your own opinion and not give a shit whether it is or isn't the popular opinion. Stop posting shit just because not everyone agrees with your psycho bollocks.

Also, a word of advice. If you post an opinion and "Glenn Quagmire" champions it. You're a lunatic because he's a fucking nazi.

I have posted my opinion neil has jumped onto it as Daily mail?. Im getting slated for it. So now im a Nazi also?

Clueless do gooders let him out to reoffend.

As a point of order to those saying "what if it was your child etc", we are lucky still to have in this country a legal system that is written through fair and balanced judgement, and I'm afraid to say that the very LAST people who should be involved in the formation of any law or legal process are victims as their judgement is (understandably) not balanced.

This is why I despair when I see people like Sarah Payne being pushed into such prominent positions by those trying to change the law on sex offenders registers or whatever. She's absolutely the LAST person that politicians or should listen to. The law has to be impartial. My wife has been studying law for the last few years and if there's one thing I've learned by earwigging a bit, it's that the law should always be just even if it isn't fair to every individual. It has to look at and recognise the rights of everyone involved, and think about all the different permutations of a situation, not just a single event.

Yes, it's not "fair" to the parents of Jamie Bulger that their sons' killers are free whilst he is dead. But that unfairness is due to his death, and the law can't undo that. However, their sentences were just, and the attempt at rehabilitatiing them into society is both just and morally right. We are a few thousand years removed from "an eye for an eye", it's one of the things that has allowed us to develop as a society. The end of apartheid in South Africa could have ended in enormous bloodshed as people sought revenge for all injustices of the past. But cooler heads prevailed and a new society was born with the Truth and Reconciliation committee trying to retroactively apportion justice without punishment.

Recently, a man was killed by firing squad in the US for the first time in many decades. At his execution, both his niece and the niece of the man he murdered were united in their opposition to the death penalty. That is a mark of a progressive society, not frothing-at-the-mouth, pitchfork wielding vigilantes of the type "quote the raven" advocates.

The notion of quote the raven, Casey V and Glen Quagmire forming a "string 'em up m8" vigilante group is as hysterical as it is terrifying.

Be fair now Seven, Casey hasn't had much input as far as this thread goes, and Quagmire has put his points across in a decent manner.

Only QTR falls under the "string em up m8" column.

The notion of quote the raven, Casey V and Glen Quagmire forming a "string 'em up m8" vigilante group is as hysterical as it is terrifying.

Be fair now Seven, Casey hasn't had much input as far as this thread goes, and Quagmire has put his points across in a decent manner.

Only QTR falls under the "string em up m8" column.

They both championed his pathetic sentiment.

How you see us:

angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

How we see you:

cimg0301[ekm]225x300[ekm].jpg

Wankers.

• Paid Members
There really are some bizarre people in the world aren't there. I'd like to think that if I had kids and god forbid something as horrific as the Jamie Bulger situation happened to mine, I would have the level headedness to grieve like any parent would, but have the stability to be able to understand the true disturbed mind of this kid and that prison would solve nothing but would in fact make things worse.

I'm not a psychopath. I don't look at heinous crimes and say "public hanging, that's all they're good for" (although I used to hold this view before I came to the realisation how stupid it was), I look at heinous crimes and wonder what really lead to them. Nobody is born evil, and if you believe that then you can't be right in the head. Some crimes you just cannot explain, but locking people up and throwing away the key, or public execution do nothing to understand the causes of such extreme crimes.

Yeah, about that...

To actually add to the topic, this is pretty much how I feel. I wanted Teh Press to be wrong about this, but unfortunately it was true. The whole affair's a massive victory for the torch & pitchfork mob, and it just goes to show that there's really no escaping that if you're locked up early enough and for long enough your adult life will end up skewed away from society's norms, no matter how hard you try to live to them. Not that there's any particular interest but exactly how Venables came to be like this really should be investigated. It's the only way any progress can be made from plain incarceration to actual rehabilitation.

Seems that the Sunday Mirror was the newspaper that was either spot-on or as close as possible to the reason Venables was recalled.

Yet they should not have gone public with it until the police went on the record, this is my beef.