Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

You cite that a human girl behaved like a dog because she was raised by dogs - so why dont dogs raised by humans act like us? Sorry chuck, but if you want to make an objective argument then it cant contradict itself.

You are joking aren't you?

Nope - I'm stating that something is what it is. You can teach a human to act like a dog, but it doesnt change the fact they're human.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I'm typing on a PS3 I cant address all of Mikes points so I'll just go for the throat.

You cite that a human girl behaved like a dog because she was raised by dogs - so why dont dogs raised by humans act like us? Sorry chuck, but if you want to make an objective argument then it cant contradict itself.

I'm not sure you'd recognise an objective argument if it was fucking your mother whilst taking it up the shitter from your dad. Your whole schtick in this thread has been to advocate the "nature" as opposed to "nurture" argument, but you've done it so badly I don't think you'd even get a C on a GCSE question about heritability. If you're going to run the better-than-you gimmick on here, you're going to need to up your game considerably. And I should know :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

You are joking aren't you?

Nope - I'm stating that something is what it is. You can teach a human to act like a dog, but it doesnt change the fact they're human.

You're still not making sense though. The two aren't equivalent at all. Dead Mike gave an example of a human being's behaviour pattern being absolutely moulded by her environment. Would you contend that this girl was genetically predisposed to act like a dog and would have done so anyway if raised by human parents?

Fine, dogs raised by humans don't act like humans, but why that means anything in this instance is beyond me. A dog doesn't have the intelligence, physical attributes or mental capacity to completely mimic human behaviour, but the fact that humans essentially invented domestic animals and have altered animal behaviour to a staggering degree through nurture and training only further supports Dead Mike's point.

Don't be cute David. Even with the sheer levels of idiocy I've witnessed on this thread, I'm sure no one thinks I meant that Goofy is strolling around somewhere in a little hat.

The fact of the matter is that people are born based on a certain genetic template both mentally and physically, and outside influence can vary or modify it but never outright CHANGE it. As a trainer, I can tell you that you could give two people the exact same program to perform, have them execute it in the exact same way whilst eating the exact same things - and get two completely different sets of results, and the mind is no different. I'll add that I was getting hardons looking at womens underwear in my mums Grattans catalogue when I was 9 - I didn't need sex education to tell me why those women excited me.

Don't be cute David. Even with the sheer levels of idiocy I've witnessed on this thread, I'm sure no one thinks I meant that Goofy is strolling around somewhere in a little hat.

Read the responses - I gave them too much credit.

• Paid Members

I was going to type a response but after this blinder...

so why dont dogs raised by humans act like us?
There's nothing I could possibly type to reaffirm my point.

To surmise.... your psyche game is weak yo.

I was going to type a response but after this blinder...

so why dont dogs raised by humans act like us?
There's nothing I could possibly type to reaffirm my point.

To surmise.... your psyche game is weak yo.

'I'll ignore the fact he later elaborated this point and make a strawman instead, and hopefully he won't notice I'm out of comebacks' :thumbsup:

Fair enough, what is your point Casey? Nature or Nurture?

Honestly?

Alot of column A, less of column B. I'm not going to argue that to an extent people and animals can be influenced and shaped by the world around them, but nature will always have the final say.

Those two kids killed that infant knowing full well what they were doing - sorry, but somehow I don't think that anyone can hear a child screaming in agony for mummy as they are blinded, beaten and broken, and not see the inherent darkness in what they are doing unless being specifically educated on the matter. If education was the sole reason for human morality, then we'd have all butchered one another long, long ago.