The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

August is shaping up to be a massive month on the more mainstream side of things.

August 2nd Volbeat put out their new album ‘Rewind, Replay, Rebound’. August 9th Slipknot’s new album ‘We Are Not Your Kind’ comes out, then August 30th Tool put out their first album in13 years

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

August is shaping up to be a massive month on the more mainstream side of things.

August 2nd Volbeat put out their new album ‘Rewind, Replay, Rebound’. August 9th Slipknot’s new album ‘We Are Not Your Kind’ comes out, then August 30th Tool put out their first album in 13 years

The thing that excites me the most about this is that they've said they're finally going to put their back catalogue on Spotify when the album comes out.

I grew up with Slipknot so I'm partial to them. Digging the new track. The video's great, because Clown's ego is clearly off the charts as their visual director. Some interesting theories floating about that Chris Fehn never left the band and that's it's all a bit of a ploy. I kind of hope it's true because the new mask in the video with the nose cut off the face etc plays into that beautifully. 

Interesting to note that All Our Life isn't on the new album. Hell of an in-between tune.

• Paid Members

yeh ive been seeing some stuff about Fehn. Theres a new member in the video wearing a gold mask so people are trying to figure out who it is. Similar thing happened with the new members when the last record came out.

• Paid Members

new album/uk tour announced, Bristol on a Saturday night sounds lovely to me. Baroness supporting too is a bonus! Volbeat dont fuck around when it comes to support bands, always an interesting bill.

Danko Jones getting some love too. That’s a hell of a night out, Shane only one I could make is Manchester and is on a bloody Tuesday.

Really hoping for something better from Volbeat on this new album too, Seal the Deal & Lets Boogie was really disappointing 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Ahhh, i loved Seal the Deal... i know a certain part of the fanbase are against anything the band have done since Rob Caggiano joined though. Some absolute tunes on there.

Be cool to see Danko come on to do Black Rose with them live too. No one does guest spots like Volbeat.