The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

new Korn song

ive always been a fan of Korn, they just hold that nostalgia thing for me, they were one of the first bands i really loved, i remember buying Life Is Peachy on the day it came out and i was f'n excitded, the artwork and everything kinda frightened me at the time, they were a pretty unnerving bands. Obviously they went supernova after that and kind of became a shell of what they were. That's not to say they still ain't released some decent stuff, but the new album is the 3rd with producer Ross Robinson (who produced the first 2 albums) and is said to be a move to get back to their original sound.

The track is ok, musically i think its great, its one of the heaviest things Korn have put out in years, i still aint a lover of Jonathon Davis vocals though, at times he can be great, but in so many tracks he comes off as whiny, this is one of them. I'll be getting the album though.

I too used to be a big Korn fan back in the day, the first 2 albums in particular were gospel for me in my teenage years. The last couple of records they've put out have been pretty tosh, bar a song or 2. They just seemed to completely lose thier edge to me. Looking forward to the new album with Ross Robinson, this song? Its not bad. There just seems to be something missing. I'm sure it'll grow on me a bit, its certainly a step in the right direction but not the return to form I'd hoped, only one song though.

The new Limp Bizkit song I really like on the other hand. Thats easily the best thing they've for the best part of a decade. Great to have Wes Borland on guitar, I always dug his style. This song has a great flow to it, something I thought was missing from that last mini album they did, that seemed too rigid. Looking forward to both albums for a little nostalgia.

• Paid Members

I really like the new Limp Bizkit track. They're never going to break any boundaries but it's a solid song, I love the 'psycho' screech guitar & I reckon it'll be awesome live. For me that's where Limp Bizkit shine, they seem to be able to produce an awesome live atmosphere that distracts from some of their more questionable lyrics.

i wouldn't say it's shot, i just feel like Jonathon Davis thinks he's a much better singer than he actually is :laugh:

Roots - that's a love/hate album for me. I loved it when i was younger, but now i go through stages where sometimes i think its great and other times i can't listen to it...weird! It's kind of the same with Chaos A.D.

Was only listening to it as In an ideal world I would to be going to see Soulfly next weekish, but seen as me back is borked, that isnt going to happen even if i wanted to.

If was fit and healthy wild horses couldnt stop me. but meh

Ill have a listen to the soggy digestive stuff later

The new Limp song is suprisingly really good, one of thier strongest singles (if it becomes a single which i what i expect) ever. It comes across as a song people will shit on to sound cool but secretly listen to quite a bit, but haven't Limp been like that for years anyway.

Been listening to it none stop probably my favorite Deftones album since White Pony, CMND/CTRL and You've Seen The Butcher are my favorite songs on the album.

I just dunno, it's good and I thought the song 'Diamond Eyes' was awesome when I heard it last weekend, but I just cant find it to be anything other than decent really. Think 'Deftones' was better and I think 'Saturday Night Wrist' was waaay better. Still good tho

Edited by lightningxlock

The%20Obsidian%20Conspiracy.jpg

got my promotional copy through the post this morning. This is going to be one of the metal albums of 2010.

Stand-out tracks: Your Poison Throne, And The Maiden Spoke, The Blue Marble And The New Soul, Without Morals, The Obsidian Conspiracy

got my promotional copy through the post this morning. This is going to be one of the metal albums of 2010.

Stand-out tracks: Your Poison Throne, And The Maiden Spoke, The Blue Marble And The New Soul, Without Morals, The Obsidian Conspiracy

Don't think I have ever been more excited to hear an album as I have been for this. Roll on 31st!

Don't think I have ever been more excited to hear an album as I have been for this. Roll on 31st!

and i'm sure you were as chuffed as i was to hear of the Sanctuary reunion too

and i'm sure you were as chuffed as i was to hear of the Sanctuary reunion too

You would be correct! Two classic metal albums for me, and now a third soon!

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone likes Will Haven on here, but i just found out that original vocalist Grady Avanell has re-joined the band (as of late last year, im behind), excellent news.

It appears the band will continue with two vocalists now though as Jeff Jaworski is still inthe band too, great! i like em both.