Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

 

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

 

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

 

I've been considering doing both days but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. It would be cool to see Black Label, Orange Goblin and the Dio Tribute though.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I've been considering doing both days but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. It would be cool to see Black Label, Orange Goblin and the Dio Tribute though.

 

That's the exact same reason i'm debating doing both days, expense. What's the likelyhood ZZ Top will be on same time as BLS?

Posted
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

 

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

 

Go & see DOWN should be a treat

Posted

Man, I saw Ozzy Osbourne last night (in the rock n roll mecca that is folkestone) and he's still fucking got it. I guess it was just awesome to see someone like that in such a tiny venue. I was expecting it to be good but it really was brilliant. I'm digging with new record with Gus G on guitar, it just feels a bit fresher than his last couple of releases which just started to sound like BLS tunes with Ozzy singing. Vocally Ozzy was much stronger than I thought he'd be and tunes like I Don't Know, Mr Crowley, No More Tears, Bark At The Moon, etc still sound just as good now as they did back in the day. Hell, he even played Faries Wear Boots which is one of my favourite Sabbath tracks. So yeah, it was awesome and I felt the need to tell you guys as I saw this thread.

  • Paid Members
Posted

26838.jpg

 

quite possibly the album of the year. Misery Index are one of the few bands that literally made my jaw hit the floor when i saw them live. The band don't really do anything original, but they definately have their own sound, it's heavy as fuck thrashy version of grindcore (Napalm Death fans should love em). They also have perfected the art of being stupidly heavy yet remaining very catchy, great tunes. They also have one the most underrated/fastest drummers in metal. Their last album Traitors was good, but this thing crushes it. Get it!

  • Paid Members
Posted

If any metal heads or online now, Blitzkreig as well as Vendetta and Chaos Asylum are on NE1 FM now.

 

Listen on www.ne1fm.net

 

click on listen live.

 

:)

Posted
26838.jpg

 

quite possibly the album of the year. Misery Index are one of the few bands that literally made my jaw hit the floor when i saw them live. The band don't really do anything original, but they definately have their own sound, it's heavy as fuck thrashy version of grindcore (Napalm Death fans should love em). They also have perfected the art of being stupidly heavy yet remaining very catchy, great tunes. They also have one the most underrated/fastest drummers in metal. Their last album Traitors was good, but this thing crushes it. Get it!

 

 

Totally Agree!! This Album is killer. The solos are nailed so well. everyone should own this album!!

Posted

Just found a band named 10 masked men, ok bit old now but really nice to hear some classics redone in that fassion.

 

- Sweet Like Chocolate
Posted
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

 

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

 

If you have a chance to catch DOWN live - do it!

Seen them last year and it was one of the best gigs I've been to.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...