The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

• Paid Members
Anybody else going to the High Voltage Festival? In warm up I've mainly been listening to DOWN this week. You gotta love them. To be honest I've not heard much from the other bands at HVF but I've been dying to see DOWN live for ages.

I'm going for Black Label on the Saturday, but not sure whether to stick around and see DOWN as well.

I've been considering doing both days but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. It would be cool to see Black Label, Orange Goblin and the Dio Tribute though.

• Paid Members
I've been considering doing both days but I'm not sure I can justify the extra expense. It would be cool to see Black Label, Orange Goblin and the Dio Tribute though.

That's the exact same reason i'm debating doing both days, expense. What's the likelyhood ZZ Top will be on same time as BLS?

Go & see DOWN should be a treat

Man, I saw Ozzy Osbourne last night (in the rock n roll mecca that is folkestone) and he's still fucking got it. I guess it was just awesome to see someone like that in such a tiny venue. I was expecting it to be good but it really was brilliant. I'm digging with new record with Gus G on guitar, it just feels a bit fresher than his last couple of releases which just started to sound like BLS tunes with Ozzy singing. Vocally Ozzy was much stronger than I thought he'd be and tunes like I Don't Know, Mr Crowley, No More Tears, Bark At The Moon, etc still sound just as good now as they did back in the day. Hell, he even played Faries Wear Boots which is one of my favourite Sabbath tracks. So yeah, it was awesome and I felt the need to tell you guys as I saw this thread.

• Paid Members

26838.jpg

quite possibly the album of the year. Misery Index are one of the few bands that literally made my jaw hit the floor when i saw them live. The band don't really do anything original, but they definately have their own sound, it's heavy as fuck thrashy version of grindcore (Napalm Death fans should love em). They also have perfected the art of being stupidly heavy yet remaining very catchy, great tunes. They also have one the most underrated/fastest drummers in metal. Their last album Traitors was good, but this thing crushes it. Get it!

26838.jpg

quite possibly the album of the year. Misery Index are one of the few bands that literally made my jaw hit the floor when i saw them live. The band don't really do anything original, but they definately have their own sound, it's heavy as fuck thrashy version of grindcore (Napalm Death fans should love em). They also have perfected the art of being stupidly heavy yet remaining very catchy, great tunes. They also have one the most underrated/fastest drummers in metal. Their last album Traitors was good, but this thing crushes it. Get it!

Totally Agree!! This Album is killer. The solos are nailed so well. everyone should own this album!!

If you have a chance to catch DOWN live - do it!

Seen them last year and it was one of the best gigs I've been to.