The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Been Listening to these lately

51CH7KMX7DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41eaaB7z1cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

613g5nR0IDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Still Waiting for my copy of Kalmah new album 12 gauges. I think both metal hammer and Terrorizer got it right "unknown underground band for fans of Children Of Bodom and Amon Amarth"

For Today as just your normal deathcore band but i love this album. I really wish we weren't off for easter at work. a guy at my work when i told him about christain deathcore he said "there is no such thing no true christain would play that sort of crap" ok telling him a band called impending doom are christain was stupid he was never going to believe that but i wish i could show him this album as it has quotes from the bible and ever song is named after somebody in the bible

1.Immanuel (The Challenger)

2. Saul of Tarsus (The Messenger)

3. Nicodemus (The Seeker)

4. Joel (The Watchman)

5. Immanuel (The Redeemer)

6. Elijah (The Forerunner)

7. Benedictus (Song of Zechariah)

8. Ezekiel (The Visionary)

9. Isaiah (The Willing)

10. Talmidim (The Servants)

to be hontest the guy is doing my head in. its a good job i only see him only a week. he hates everything i m into and gives me a speaking to about what god would think. he told me on monday "god wouldn't like wrestling. man trying to hurt each other,cutting them selfs and using the world "Hell" and did they try and burn somebody once?"

my reply is always "you only live once live life your way" but he even has a comeback for that telling me "is that what you'll tell god when you meet him?"

i ve never had a problem with peoples religion but this guy is so in your face

• Paid Members
20090311142505_song_album.jpg

dug that out of an old box of my cd's the other day and it's blowing me away once more. The album still sounds as fresh today as it did when it was released, fucking incredible band.

One of the UK's most underrated metal acts ever, i don't give a fuck what anybody says.

Yeah i still listen to Earthtone9 reguarly. I'm not quite sure why they were never more popular than they were. I saw them in a 300 capacity venue and there was about 75 people there. Still a great gig though! Is Karl Middeton (i think thats the singer) in any band atm. I seem to remember The Blueprint but i don't think they are still about.

yeh, isn't he in that band with like 3 drummers or something, i can't remember what they are called, errrrrr....

• 2 weeks later...

Sad if true...

but Iam sure this has been around before..... My mate even mentioned the fact when discussing myths and the like and became a running joke at work about 6 years ago

They arent letting them edit his wiki yet as not confirmed going by the revisions.

very odd

TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's frontman, Peter Steele, passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

:mellow:

• Paid Members

super sad about Pete Steele :( he was a troubled character for sure.

Type O Negative have always been on my music radar since i saw the Donnington Live Special on Headbangers Ball in 96, they played Black No.1 on there, i watched that tape about 500 times.

Ive never been a big fan but ive always liked to read Steele interviews and stuff, he always had some interesting and funny stuff to say.