The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Any fans of Vader on this forum?

I'll be off to see them in Glasgow tonight, and I believe they'll be playing in Leeds and Nottingham over the weekend.

I really wanted to! But turns out my friend's band has their first gig tonight here in Edinburgh so I'd feel like a douche if I didn't go support them. Will be at Obituary next week though for sure. Enjoy Vader ya lucky sod.

Anyone heard Blackjazz by Shining (Norwegian, not the Swedish black metal boyband) yet? It's pure madness and i'm shocked i never heard them before, a wonderful mash of Jazz, Prog and Black/Death Metal.

Linky to a song from the album.

Got to hear it about two months ago, overall a nice album but nothing amazing since I expected something mind blowing.

Mr. Seven theres another new song from Option Paralysis and for me at least its better than Farewell, Mona Lisa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmShvgSuwr4

Heard it last night and it didn't leave much impression on me. Just listened there for the second time and it's still not grabbing me. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but so far I'd put Mona Lisa over it.

Although i havent bought Kerrang in years, i had a look at there review of Option Paralysis while in the newsagents.

It got 4K's but they say it's the hardest DEP album to listen to and may take several listens to really get into it.

I really wanted to! But turns out my friend's band has their first gig tonight here in Edinburgh so I'd feel like a douche if I didn't go support them. Will be at Obituary next week though for sure. Enjoy Vader ya lucky sod.

The Vader gig was excellent.

It was just a pity that local band Achren only got a 20 minute set to allow for two other bands.

How was the Obituary gig?

EDIT: For anyone wanting to check out

Edited by hardcore_harry

Probably of less interest to hardcore fans of metal and more to people who dip in and out like me, but Leonard Pierce's reviews at the AV Club (the "Metal Box" section) are always worth a read and occasionally mention gems like the one above. Check em out at www.avclub.com - and the comment section also will have people ripping into him for missing out album X, so they're worth reading too.

Obituary were fucking amazing Harry! Was right down the front for it. Played most of the classsics, some new stuff, Dethroned Emperor by Celtic Frost which was insanely good. Donald did an awesome drum solo then they finished with Evil Ways & Slowly We Rot.

Agree with you on the Vader gig. Been a fan of Achren for a good amount of years now, was a shame they were under those other two generic death metal bands!