The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

any fans of Living Colour on here? not necessarily a metal band, but they kinda get classed under every rock genre, hard rock, funk metal, jazz rock.

I remember a friend of mine who was big into hiphop liking only 3 rock bands, it was The Chili Peppers, Body Count & Living Colour. I never really gave em a chance back in the day but ive been jamming that shit in the past few days, great stuff. They've got some fucking chooons.

Cult of personality for the win. Must check out more Living Colour.

As for Body Count - would i be right in saying that's Ice T?

yeah its Ice T .. Cop Killer and Body Count are worth a listen its proto nu metal

• Paid Members

i love Body Count.

It's worth your time to pick up the first 3 albums if you remotely like anything they've done. The first is a flat out classic, i don't care what anybody says. The comeback album was piss though, i'll listen to it again at some point but it was a big disappointment when it came out.

• Paid Members

and now for a forgotten/underrated classic:

22065.jpg

Came and went like the wind back in '99. This band was a side project of Mitch Ward from Napalm Death. Bit of a supergroup type deal, this album featured Shane from Napalm Death as well as the singer of the nu-metal band Out (remember them!!). If you don't like Napalm Death, don't be put off because this couldn't be further away from that sound if it tried. Kind of an industrial style, very listenable and they have some thumping tunes. I bought this back at the time because i saw it being flaunted cheap a record fair (i miss record fairs), ive recently been spinning it again and it's fucking great.

Worth your time.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard Slash's new album yet?

Bits and bobs, The Myles Kennedy stuff and a few of the other tracks. Seems alright Iam not the worlds biggest Slash fan though find him very hit and miss

There is a Special Edition with Total Rock on sale now, before it gets released in May if you are so inclined

• Paid Members
There is a Special Edition with Total Rock on sale now, before it gets released in May if you are so inclined

Yeah, the missus has picked it up for me, so i'm going to give it a listen.

Just curious to see if anyone else had heard it.

yeh i picked up the special edition, very cool. The magazine with it is awesome.

• Paid Members

new Korn song

ive always been a fan of Korn, they just hold that nostalgia thing for me, they were one of the first bands i really loved, i remember buying Life Is Peachy on the day it came out and i was f'n excitded, the artwork and everything kinda frightened me at the time, they were a pretty unnerving bands. Obviously they went supernova after that and kind of became a shell of what they were. That's not to say they still ain't released some decent stuff, but the new album is the 3rd with producer Ross Robinson (who produced the first 2 albums) and is said to be a move to get back to their original sound.

The track is ok, musically i think its great, its one of the heaviest things Korn have put out in years, i still aint a lover of Jonathon Davis vocals though, at times he can be great, but in so many tracks he comes off as whiny, this is one of them. I'll be getting the album though.

new Korn song

ive always been a fan of Korn, they just hold that nostalgia thing for me, they were one of the first bands i really loved, i remember buying Life Is Peachy on the day it came out and i was f'n excitded, the artwork and everything kinda frightened me at the time, they were a pretty unnerving bands. Obviously they went supernova after that and kind of became a shell of what they were. That's not to say they still ain't released some decent stuff, but the new album is the 3rd with producer Ross Robinson (who produced the first 2 albums) and is said to be a move to get back to their original sound.

The track is ok, musically i think its great, its one of the heaviest things Korn have put out in years, i still aint a lover of Jonathon Davis vocals though, at times he can be great, but in so many tracks he comes off as whiny, this is one of them. I'll be getting the album though.

Thats got a Sepultura riff/ Beautiful People Marilyn Manson- Drums/ Old School Blind/Good Good Korn melody. Interesting... Mr Davis voice has got a bit shot hasnt it?

Similarly I was listening to Roots earlier so may explain it especially this

Sepultura -Lookaway

• Paid Members

i wouldn't say it's shot, i just feel like Jonathon Davis thinks he's a much better singer than he actually is :laugh:

Roots - that's a love/hate album for me. I loved it when i was younger, but now i go through stages where sometimes i think its great and other times i can't listen to it...weird! It's kind of the same with Chaos A.D.