Rob Edwards Posted February 27, 2010 Posted February 27, 2010 Also post yer top 20 metal albums for shits n' gigs. 20. Neurosis - Through silver in blood 19. Melt Banana - Cell scape 18. Converge - Petitioning the empty sky 17. Opeth - Blackwater park 16. Iron Maiden - S/T 15. Slayer - Reign in blood 14. Black Sabbath - Master of reality 13. Black Sabbath - Sabbath bloody sabbath 12. Boris - Amplifier worship 11. Electric Wizard - Dopethrone 10. Black Sabbath - S/T 09. Botch - We are the Romans 08. Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss 07. Converge - Jane Doe 06. Converge - Axe to fall 05. Neurosis - Souls at zero 04. Weakling - Dead as dreams 03. Guns N' Roses - Appetite for destruction 02. Burzum - Filosofem 01. Black Sabbath - Paranoid Quote
Paid Members eugenespeed Posted February 27, 2010 Paid Members Posted February 27, 2010 What is the heaviest song ever recorded? Serious question, I did a bit of research into this a couple of years ago for a radio show I do and came to the conclusion that is was Anaal Nathrakh's Pandemonic Hyperblast, which I then proceeded to play. The resulting e-mails were a lot of fun! Anyway, it's been two years on, in your opinion has anything surpassed it? Quote
Rob Edwards Posted February 27, 2010 Posted February 27, 2010 Tbh, Dark Magus by Miles Davis is heavier than any metal song I've heard. Quote
Paid Members eugenespeed Posted February 27, 2010 Paid Members Posted February 27, 2010 Tbh, Dark Magus by Miles Davis is heavier than any metal song I've heard. In honesty, I've not heard that much Miles Davis outside of a couple of tracks. Quote
claymore Posted February 27, 2010 Posted February 27, 2010 Depends on your definition of "heavy." To me, heaviness incorporates an element of catchiness. It's not about making the lowest, loudest, fastest or most disturbing sound possible, it's about creating the desired mood, whether that's aggression, despair, hatred or whatever. At the moment, on that basis, I'd be likely to go for "Lashed to the Slave Stick" by Nile. Ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a completely different answer. Quote
Paid Members eugenespeed Posted February 28, 2010 Paid Members Posted February 28, 2010 Depends on your definition of "heavy." To me, heaviness incorporates an element of catchiness. It's not about making the lowest, loudest, fastest or most disturbing sound possible, it's about creating the desired mood, whether that's aggression, despair, hatred or whatever. At the moment, on that basis, I'd be likely to go for "Lashed to the Slave Stick" by Nile. Ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a completely different answer. That is a fair point, how did I define heavy? I think I was going for how loud it was, but still being a track, and still being in the metal genre. So, for example, hardcore gabba wouldn't count, neither would some guy just generally making noise. Here is Anaal Nathrakh's Pandemonic Hyperblast to show what I was aiming at. Apologies for some of the comments on the video, but I can't control Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6349Q-67eA and it's tomorrow, what is the heaviest track recorded? Quote
claymore Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 Give me a bit to pop some cold remedies and sit with my N900 on shuffle and I'll let you know... Quote
steve rayson Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 Check out the new High On Fire, guys. So the new album is already avilable? Any links? Quote
Mr. Seven Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 Rather shocked at Robu putting Axe To Fall over Jane Doe. I wish Option Paralysis would leak already... Quote
patiirc Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 Depends on your definition of "heavy." To me, heaviness incorporates an element of catchiness. It's not about making the lowest, loudest, fastest or most disturbing sound possible, it's about creating the desired mood, whether that's aggression, despair, hatred or whatever. At the moment, on that basis, I'd be likely to go for "Lashed to the Slave Stick" by Nile. Ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a completely different answer. That is a fair point, how did I define heavy? I think I was going for how loud it was, but still being a track, and still being in the metal genre. So, for example, hardcore gabba wouldn't count, neither would some guy just generally making noise. Here is Anaal Nathrakh's Pandemonic Hyperblast to show what I was aiming at. Apologies for some of the comments on the video, but I can't control Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6349Q-67eA and it's tomorrow, what is the heaviest track recorded? Heavy is very subjective.. for instance.. Earthworks by Kerbdog would qualify for heavy with its almost industrial riffage, but its not like the 'metal' above or some Celtic Frost or something more melodic such as Megadeth Black Curtains or something more mainstream Feeder Where do you draw the line? Quote
Paid Members MoChatra Posted February 28, 2010 Paid Members Posted February 28, 2010 Anybody checked out Fear Factory's latest album 'Mechanize'? Any good? Quote
Merzbow Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 (edited) Anybody checked out Fear Factory's latest album 'Mechanize'? Any good? It's not too bad, kind of back to thier old sound but none of the tracks stand out at all. On the topic of heaviness i'd have to say bands like Sunn and Moss, the bass filled droney bands that make you feel like your bowels will explode. Edited February 28, 2010 by Merzbow Quote
Clumsy Dad Posted February 28, 2010 Posted February 28, 2010 On the topic of heaviness i'd have to say bands like Sunn and Moss, the bass filled droney bands that make you feel like your bowels will explode. I Quote
Paid Members eugenespeed Posted March 1, 2010 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2010 Anybody checked out Fear Factory's latest album 'Mechanize'? Any good? It's not too bad, kind of back to thier old sound but none of the tracks stand out at all. On the topic of heaviness i'd have to say bands like Sunn and Moss, the bass filled droney bands that make you feel like your bowels will explode. Fear Campaign and Powershifter are the two I keep playing from it. Quote
Rob Edwards Posted March 1, 2010 Posted March 1, 2010 I fucking hate Khanate, pretty decent drone ruined by some whiny bitch reciting his shitty poetry. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.