The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

http://www.therockshowlive.com - 8pm every Monday night, it's Naughty Time! Rock, metal, blues, punk & more, with top guests & entertainment. :)

http://www.therockshow.co.uk - home of 'Big' Jim & his craziness ... FREE MP3 downloads all the time!!

Babymetal have been announced for Sonisphere. If you've not heard them before it's death metal mixed with J-pop sang by 3 teenage girls. I like the music, but Maximum the Hormone do the same kind of thing, but better. Here's their song Give Me Chocolate.

Edited by Rey_Piste

I want to go now. Hadn't heard of Maximum The Hormone so will check it out.

http://youtu.be/POCNHSknjYc this is a little song that part Metal part pop punk with the catchy title of chu chu lovely muni muni mura mura purin purin boron nururu rerorero. One of the guitarists looks like a Japanese Dimebag. He can be seen clearly in the purple shirt in this vid.

• Paid Members

KISS go into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame tonight. This is some pro wrestling shit we have. The four original members were slagging each other off this morning. Every insult from "anti-Semitic" to "drug addict" to "sell out" has been used recently, so seeing them in a room together for the first time in over a decade will be quite something. Hopefully I dont awake to the news Paul Stanley has clapped out at the airport on the way home.

• Paid Members

Metallica have started doing that 'By Request' thing, currently getting a DVD of a show in Bogota, other than airing a new song which was a bit of a surprise this is how the setlist read:

Setlist:

01. Blackened

02. Master Of Puppets

03. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

04. Fuel

05. The Unforgiven

06. The Lords Of Summer (New Song)

07. And Justice For All ...

08. Sad But True

09. Fade To Black

10. Orion

11. One

12. For Whom The Bell Tolls

13. Battery

14. Nothing Else Matters

15. Enter Sandman

Encore:

16. Creeping Death

17. Ride The Lightning song chosen by the vote via text message during the concert.

18. Seek & Destroy

well, if i attend Sonisphere and im thinking about it, i'd hope for something a bit different to that. The 'By Request' thing is a decent idea for a band like Metallica with the range of material they have to chose from, but if Metallica did a regular show the setlist would basically look the same as what people requested...i know it's the more popular end of their material, but come on!

• Paid Members

i think so, there may be a few exceptions but it's pretty much all of it from what i can gather. I read an interview with Kirk Hammett where he spoke of hoping the fans would vote for some unsung gems for the band to play....the fans are blowing it!

Yeah, it's literally any song they've ever put out in a list and you can tick 17 boxes. The problem is most of these shows are big festival headline slots so unfortunately for the more hardcore fan it's going to to be 99% what they play all the time anyway becuase that's what the more casual audience wants to hear. I doubt most festival going folk who see Metallica know songs like Frayed Ends of Sanity or Trapped under Ice exist, let alone would choose them over Enter Sandman or Master of Puppets. You can hear a studio demo of Lords of Summer on YouTube, I like it a lot.

Edited by Harvey Dent