The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It's a fucking hideous collection, I hate compilation CDs of "hits" anyway but that one is particularly heinous. The cover art is really disgusting too. Evanescense, the dandy warhols and the rasmus on a pop punk compilation CD :confused:

*edit

...And Justice for All is my favourite Metallica album, almost certainly because it's the first one I had and I listened to it ad nauseum. The production is bad though,

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

actually reading Mick Wall's Metallica biography at the moment and he talks about the bad production on the album, the band wern't happy with hit. The book (hardback) is onsale in The Works for a couple of quid at the moment, it's well worth picking up.

• Paid Members
It really is a shame, it's so tinny with no audible bass whatsoever. Still a great album though.

Track down the Live Shit: Binge and Purge collection - the Justice songs (even the medley) sound far superior to the album.

Blackened (particularly from the above), One and Harvester of Sorrow for me.

• Paid Members

Those Limp Bizkit dates -

Saturday 8 February - Cardiff Uni Great Hall

Sunday 9 February - O2 Academy Liverpool

Tuesday 11 February - Olympia Theatre Dublin

Wednesday 12 February - O2 Academy Bristol

Thursday 13 February - O2 Academy Birmingham

Friday 14 February - O2 Academy Newcastle

Sunday 16 February - O2 Academy Glasgow

Monday 17 February - Manchester Academy

Wednesday 19 February - Nick Rayns Norwich

Thursday 20 February - Guildhall Southampton

Friday 21 February - O2 Academy Brixton London

You can get tickets now - HERE

Just got Manchester.....gonna be awesome. Now to dust off my red cap.

• Paid Members
It's not that bad a collection. CD 1 is mostly songs that were regulars at the rock clubs 10 years ago(ish) so loads of people will already own them.

Fair enough the 2nd disc is a complete mish-mash but there is still plenty of decent songs in there.

It's fucking terrible!

Pop-punk? Descendents, Zatopeks,Briefs, Modern Pets, Fast Cars, Buzzcocks........I could go on. The only thing on that travesty that could come near punk is Less Than Jake

It's not that bad a collection. CD 1 is mostly songs that were regulars at the rock clubs 10 years ago(ish) so loads of people will already own them.

Fair enough the 2nd disc is a complete mish-mash but there is still plenty of decent songs in there.

It's fucking terrible!

Pop-punk? Descendents, Zatopeks,Briefs, Modern Pets, Fast Cars, Buzzcocks........I could go on. The only thing on that travesty that could come near punk is Less Than Jake

It might has well have been called 'The Best of Kerrang! TV'. Punk at the turn of the century was, and to a large extent still is a complete joke. You only have to see Bowling For Soup's 'Punk-Rock 101' to see that they're even in on the joke. All you had to do to be in a 21st century punk band was have a skateboard a bright coloured mo-hawk

• Paid Members

It's fucking terrible!

Pop-punk? Descendents, Zatopeks, Briefs, Modern Pets, Fast Cars, Buzzcocks........I could go on. The only thing on that travesty that could come near punk is Less Than Jake

Don't be one of those wankers that moans about genres.

The CD has Pop-Punk in the title as it's catchier than "A bunch of songs from the early 2000's that were really popular".

And Justice for All is my favourite Metallica album, almost certainly because it's the first one I had and I listened to it ad nauseum. The production is bad though,

It's one of my favourites as well, second only to Master Of Puppets, which is my favourite all-time metal album.

• Paid Members

got my Kerrang! tour tickets this morning for Cardiff.

I picked up tickets to see Jetplane Landing next weekend too, i had no idea the band were back together so to find out they were playing Cardiff next weekend and have a new album out right now was a double whammy for me, great, underrated UK band.