KingOfMetal Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 Alter Bridge's new album, 'Fortress', is now streaming. Head to www.metalhammer.co.uk for more info Quote
patiirc Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 Alter Bridge's new album, 'Fortress', is now streaming. Head to www.metalhammer.co.uk for more info Cheers for the heads up was expecting it to be heavier and dirtier from keeping up with the production stuff on FB, this is much more so than expected Quote
Cobra1000 Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 Fuck Yeah! Its excellent stuff that Alter Bridge album! so, if you didnt like 'Mind Your Manners' like me (well it was okay I guess) old Sirens is a lovely ballad for you. Quote
Harvey Dent Posted September 24, 2013 Posted September 24, 2013 Fucking hell, that Alter Bridge record is stunning. Really digging that, roll on the gigs next month. Quote
thefallenangel Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 I was just coming to post about Fortress and i cannot wait until monday. Quote
Paid Members Bettencourt Posted September 26, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2013 (edited) Cry Of Achilles, Lover and Waters Rising are my favourites at the moment. Roll on Glasgow and Manchester. New album? New sig. Edited September 26, 2013 by Bettencourt Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 27, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted September 27, 2013 (edited) gutted i aint going to the a show on the tour. I was planning on going to Cardiff but a mate of mine asked if i wanted to go see the Cardiff leg of Bowling For Soup's final tour - which i agreed too - then i realised it's on the same day Now don't get me wrong, Bowling For Soup are a bit of a guilty pleasure and very entertaining live, but i know where i'd rather be. Can't back out now Edited September 27, 2013 by Ebb Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted September 27, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 27, 2013 Add me to the list of people really digging the new Alter Bridge album. It's certainly better than AB3 but I think it dips a bit towards the end, they could've shaved a couple of track off it. Has anybody else heard the new 'Stray From The Path' album 'Anonymous' yet? It's up there for album of the year for me at the moment, right up there with the new Letlive & Clutch albums. At times the nods to RATM are bordering on plagiarism but it's doesn't stop from start to finish. Every track's a banger & if you're a fan if angry, politically driven noise then you're in for a treat. It instantly appealed to the Public Enemy, RATM fanboy in me so if that's your bag you'll fucking love this. Stand out tracks are 'Landmines', 'Radio' & 'Badge & a Bullet'. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 27, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted September 27, 2013 yes Mike! i've been listening to it too. They do sound like a more hardcore version of RATM, mainly down to the guitarists clear Tom Morello influences and the political nature of the lyrics, it's some angry shit. The vocalist sounds like the vocalist of an old hardcore band i loved called Brothers Keeper, first time i heard them that's what stood out to me (check them out). I bet they'd be even better live too, i wanna go see them. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted September 27, 2013 Paid Members Posted September 27, 2013 I first saw them when they supported 'Every Time I Die' on their last tour. I'd heard very little of them before that but they outplayed ETID! They've been bumped up to main support on the upcoming 'Deez Nuts' tour. My mate who I go to these hardcore gigs with is on holiday when it hits Manchester but I'm tempted to go up on my own & leave to get the earlier train home once SFTP finish. I'll check out 'Brothers Keeper', cheers for the heads up. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 27, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted September 27, 2013 yeh, they were around in the late 90's/early 00's same time as bands like Snapcase. I used to go see all kinds of stuff down in TJ's in Newport back then, Brother's Keeper was one of them. I missed out on ETID's last UK, gutted now Quote
Merzbow Posted September 27, 2013 Posted September 27, 2013 I was about to check out the new Alter Bridge but the soundcloud stream won't play over here so instead i'm going to link a a track from the new Subrosa album which is real close to being my metal AOTY, innovative doom metal at its finest. https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/subrosa-cosey-mo https://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/...hosts-of-a-dead Quote
Whiskey_Jim Posted September 29, 2013 Posted September 29, 2013 yeh, they were around in the late 90's/early 00's same time as bands like Snapcase. I used to go see all kinds of stuff down in TJ's in Newport back then, Brother's Keeper was one of them. I missed out on ETID's last UK, gutted now I've seen ETID 7 times now, catch them on every tour. Have you seen them before? Quote
KingOfMetal Posted September 29, 2013 Posted September 29, 2013 Rocket From The Crypt Reunion dates are as follows: 1/12 - Manchester - Gorilla 2/12 - Newcastle - The Cluny 3/12 - Glasgow - The Classic Grand 4/12 - Leeds - Brudenell Social Club 6/12 - London - Koko 7/12 - Dublin - The Button Factory Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 2, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted October 2, 2013 Down have been announced as the first Bloodstock headliner, happy with that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.