Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 7, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted August 7, 2013 BLOODSTOCK IN 2 DAYS! who's going?? (for those that aint, it's been announced that it'll be streaming live online). Quote
KingOfMetal Posted August 7, 2013 Posted August 7, 2013 Will be watching the stream again this year. I keep saying I'll give Bloodstock another chance (not been since 2003 when it was at Derby Assembly Rooms), but the way things have been this year it means I've had to miss it. Taking a festival break next year so I can save for going to Wacken in 2015 (ticket is going to be my 30th birthday present from the wife) Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 7, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted August 7, 2013 yeh, you should go again man, it's great. Weather looks like it's gonna be kind too. Quote
King_Of_Bling_Bling Posted August 7, 2013 Posted August 7, 2013 I'll be there. If you don't plan on watching lamb of god, check out Andrew O'Neill on the sophie stage. Really funny bloke. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 12, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted August 12, 2013 (edited) well Bloodstock was tremendous. Can't have asked for better weather, great site, good company and lots of beer...such a good vibe too, Bloodstock is the most chilled out, friendly festival and accesible festival (in that it's very easy to get around) ive ever been too. Full of weird & wonderful characters. Band wise it was top notch, bands of the weekend for me were; Hell one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen. Hell keep turning up on festival bills and i always goto see em for a laugh (they have the unfortunate quality of being unintentionally funny), and they didn't disappoint. When the singer came out dressed as the devil on stilts i nearly died laughing, A for effort. Lamb of God, whole thing was nearly derailed by a barrier collapsing but was just a drunken good time, i read a review saying it was too quiet? reviewer was stood in the wrong place, WOOOOOO! Slayer, this was no frills Slayer, came on, head down, blasted through it and off they went. I loved the subtletly of the Hanneman tribute, very cool. Setlist was a greatest hits type thing with a few newer ones bunged in. The finish of Dead Skin Mask, Raining Blood, South of Heaven & Angel of Death was amazing. Evil Scarecrow, rivalled Hell for being ridiculous. Evil Scarecrow was very much about the fun though, brilliant set, great audience. CRABULON! 3 Inches of Blood, ive said it before but they remain one of the most underrated bands in metal, every time i see them they blow me away. A Rush cover bunged in as well. Fozzy, not one of my favorite sets but it was a change of pace and went down well on Sunday afternoon. Chris Jericho genuinely looked like he was having more fun that the audience, when Phil Campbell joined them for a song Jericho was losing his shit, he was dancing like a 5 year old girl. Gojira despite losing most of their equipment on route they still cranked em out and batttled through triumphantly. Without doubt one of the tightest live metal bands on the planet, never a bad show. Outside of that, Death Angel, Exodus, Xerath, Earthtone9, DevilDriver (insane crowd), Municpal Waste (same) Ex Deo & Kataklysm were all good shit...ive probably forgot some. Top weekend. Edited August 12, 2013 by Ebb Quote
KingOfMetal Posted August 13, 2013 Posted August 13, 2013 Glad you had a good time Ebb, and as you predicted: Emperor will headline Bloodstock 2014, of which tickets are on sale now Following their set at Bloodstock this weekend, Lamb Of God have announced a full UK tour for January 2014 JANUARY 12 Quote
David Posted August 13, 2013 Posted August 13, 2013 Following their set at Bloodstock this weekend, Lamb Of God have announced a full UK tour English tour for January 2014 JANUARY 12 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 13, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted August 13, 2013 yeh, i had a feeling it would be Emperor, perfect fit. I might get a Lamb of God ticket for January, Bristol sounds good to me. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted August 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2013 Going to the Manchester show fo' sho'. Hoping 'Heart of a Coward' will be the support, they were amazing at Summerjam this year. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted August 22, 2013 Paid Members Posted August 22, 2013 Limp Bizkit have been confirmed as the headliner for next years Kerrang tour (January I think). Dates confirmed tomorrow morning & tickets on sale next week. I'm all over this shit. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 22, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted August 22, 2013 Haha, i might attend one of those. Aint seen Bizkit since the reunion. Quote
Whiskey_Jim Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 Limp Bizkit have been confirmed as the headliner for next years Kerrang tour (January I think). Dates confirmed tomorrow morning & tickets on sale next week. I'm all over this shit. I too, will be on it like a car fucking bonnet. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 (edited) For anyone who likes a bit of prog mixed with some black metal style riffage and some general noise, check the album 'Mantiis' by Obsidian Kingdom. Like some kind of beautiful hybrid of Opeth, Ihsahn, Poison The Well, Wolverine and Yakuza Edited August 23, 2013 by KingOfMetal Quote
Urskog Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Ne Obliviscaris are a progressive metal band I've been meaning to recommend here for a while. My favourites are and And Plague Flowers the Kaleidescope If anyone knows of any similar bands who do a decent job of blending lots of different elements I'd love to hear about them. I've been gradually shifting away from death and goregrind for a couple of years so this sort of stuff is a refreshing area I know little about. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Ne Obliviscaris are a progressive metal band I've been meaning to recommend here for a while. My favourites are and And Plague Flowers the Kaleidescope If anyone knows of any similar bands who do a decent job of blending lots of different elements I'd love to hear about them. I've been gradually shifting away from death and goregrind for a couple of years so this sort of stuff is a refreshing area I know little about. Another one Id recommend would be Mirrorthrone. Again, its heavily influenced by Black Metal, but there's still alot of stuff going on to separate them from the corpse paint brigade Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.