F1 2011/ Motor Racing Thread

patiirc

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Damn! Any pictures or footage of the car? Not interested in seeing the injury. Hope he makes a full recovery. Never knew he was a Rally driver too.

WRC starts this week. All sorts of changes. Could be interesting.

• Paid Members

I went to the launch of the Marussia Virgin car on Monday at the BBC studios. It was really cool, Crofty was hosting and I got to meet lots of people after the actual launch. The car looks like sex on wheels too although I'm disappointed they got rid of the tribal design.

Link here to photos if anyone's bothered: http://tinyurl.com/MVR-02-Flickr

There are a couple of Glock in there somewhere...

• Paid Members
Did you take any pictures of the car?

I took lots but I don't know what was up with my camera because they didn't come out very well. I was disappointed with them all to be honest. I turned the flash on but it just reflected off the paint work and it made the car look radioactive. When I turned the flash off the lights in the studio still made it glow and it all looked blurred. So the ones on my Flickr page are the only ones I deemed decent enough to show people.

• Paid Members
Did you take any pictures of the car?

I took lots but I don't know what was up with my camera because they didn't come out very well. I was disappointed with them all to be honest. I turned the flash on but it just reflected off the paint work and it made the car look radioactive. When I turned the flash off the lights in the studio still made it glow and it all looked blurred. So the ones on my Flickr page are the only ones I deemed decent enough to show people.

Quite convenient that they were all of Glock. At least you had fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting some withdrawal symptoms as well...and having to wait an extra two weeks kinda sucks.

Since I love you guys though, I'll share this beauty with you. It's a channel streaming old F1 races. Over the past few weeks, I've seen races from the late 70s, 80s, 90s and pretty modern races. I saw Brazil 09 again last night which was still awesome, and I've seen so many other races that I'd forgotten about. Brilliant. So, click on the link for some F1 goodness

Postponing the race is the right decision to have been made though, I doubt anyone in their right mind would want to go and put on a motor race given the current situation in Bahrain.

Testing is proving interesting. From test times, it looks as though Ferrari and Red Bull are the quickest two teams with Red Bull slightly ahead. McLaren do look as though they're in a bit of bother, and it's a situation they seem to be in at the beginning of most seasons now. They always claw it back and are right there by mid-season...makes you wonder if they could return to the dominant years if they could have a super quick car from the start of the season.

Not heard anything in the last few days, but did read this on www.formula1blog.com. If its true then :wacko:

This is one of those stories that I guess are made for Twitter, or where at least the headline says everything that needs to be said.

What else can I add?

Well, the Daily Telegraph does have some extra twists and turns involving the late Pope John Paul II

Archived