The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

I've got an HTC Desire too, regular - it's schweet as. Had to really fight O2 down for it, though - my family and I have been O2 customers for twelve years, since before it WAS O2, i.e. BT Cellnet, and the first thing they offered us was the exact same deal they offer new customers. Don't pay any attention to these new adverts, they're bollocks. They've screwed us around so many times, I simply said "Unless you offer me a good deal, you're going to lose four contracts."

Got the Desire handset free,

• Paid Members

The divs at O2 initially offered me a Desire HD on a rubbish deal. Been with them for a few years. I did some shopping around. Found some better deals. Rang O2 back. With the intention of getting more out of them. Only to be told they don't offer the Desire HD. Nutters. Went with Orange in the end.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
The divs at O2 initially offered me a Desire HD on a rubbish deal. Been with them for a few years. I did some shopping around. Found some better deals. Rang O2 back. With the intention of getting more out of them. Only to be told they don't offer the Desire HD. Nutters. Went with Orange in the end.

Yeah, they told me they stopped offering it when I asked, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me.. It's very swish, but it's a bit big for a mobile, and I think I can manage without an HD recorder.

I got my HTC Desire HD last week on a contract from Tesco. When i signed the contract i was told i would get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet and be on Vodafone, all of which sounded good. Then today i recieve a letter from Vodafone welcoming me to their network and gave me a rundown of what i am getting, but instead of saying unlimited internet it states that i am only recieving 500mb, which i have already gone over in about 6 days. Is there anything i can do about this as i was told one thing when i signed for the contract and getting something different?

• Paid Members
They've never offered it since it was released IIRC yet you can get it on O2 through 3rd party re-sellers. Totally bizzare.

Not quite the case - it was available for a while on their website, 's why I asked for it initially.

• Paid Members

Wow! The Desire HD is amazing. Been playing with it for a couple of days.Still finding new things.

That voice search app is freaky. I've managed to use it for general searches and navigation. Can't seem to get it to work for texts and calls though. Any tips?

• Paid Members
Wow! The Desire HD is amazing. Been playing with it for a couple of days.Still finding new things.

That voice search app is freaky. I've managed to use it for general searches and navigation. Can't seem to get it to work for texts and calls though. Any tips?

Had a play on an I-Pad today. Played a game called Reckless Driving. Does anyone know if it or similar is available on Android?