The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

I'm currently with three.. their coverage is much better than it was in the past, and their iPhone deal is pretty great. I had a contract with Vodafone and was looking to upgrade to an iPhone, and they offered me for

Thanks, but would you advise waiting for the i Phone 5 or getting the i Phone 4?

That was my question ;)

Haha good point - I can't see how much better the iPhone can get, and three were pretty slow to get the 4, so I would go with the 4

• Paid Members

So I ordered the iPhone 4 32Gig.

Can I get some suggestions of which Apps to load my new phone with?

Just your general stuff that keeps your entertained and in the know. Anything MMA/Football/Video Games related would be great too.

Also, when I agreed the contract the bloke on the phone from 3 congratulated me on buying an iPhone. Made me laugh down the phone at him. :)

EDIT - Also, i-Tunes. Never used it in my life. Do I have to in order to get songs and stuff on the phone, or can I just hook the phone upto my laptop as normal? Sorry, bit of a Noob when it comes to Apple stuff.

Edited by Piddlepants McGee

Just your general stuff that keeps your entertained and in the know. Anything MMA/Football/Video Games related would be great too.

Also, when I agreed the contract the bloke on the phone from 3 congratulated me on buying an iPhone. Made me laugh down the phone at him. :)

EDIT - Also, i-Tunes. Never used it in my life. Do I have to in order to get songs and stuff on the phone, or can I just hook the phone upto my laptop as normal? Sorry, bit of a Noob when it comes to Apple stuff.

I synched mine through the mac to get the songs and i'm sure you can do the same with a pc/laptop.

My favourite apps are the F4Wonline one for the audio, Cut the rope, Angry birds and photoshop express.

When you say 'as normal', do you mean drag and drop into a folder? If so then no, you need iTunes. I'm relatively new to Apple products myself (got my first iPod about 6 weeks ago and have just exchanged it in for an iPhone), so it took a little getting used to using iTunes. I thought it would be a ball ache but it's actually very easy and user friendly. You can back up your apps and of course all your music. If you're a downloader of films there's plenty of free software out there you can use to convert them (this is the best by far). Then it's just a case of iTunes picking it up from a directory.

• Paid Members

When you say 'as normal', do you mean drag and drop into a folder? If so then no, you need iTunes. I'm relatively new to Apple products myself (got my first iPod about 6 weeks ago and have just exchanged it in for an iPhone), so it took a little getting used to using iTunes. I thought it would be a ball ache but it's actually very easy and user friendly. You can back up your apps and of course all your music. If you're a downloader of films there's plenty of free software out there you can use to convert them (this is the best by far). Then it's just a case of iTunes picking it up from a directory.

Yeah, I meant 'drag and drop'

I guess I'll have to go down the i-Tunes route then. Does that cause any problem if you haven't downloaded the songs from i-Tunes itself?

I hate getting to grips with new stuff. :(

Yeah, I meant 'drag and drop'

I guess I'll have to go down the i-Tunes route then. Does that cause any problem if you haven't downloaded the songs from i-Tunes itself?

I hate getting to grips with new stuff. :(

Not at all. When you download and install iTunes it creates an iTunes folder in your standard Music folder in My Documents. Go into the iTunes folder and then into iTunes Media and then into Automatically Add to iTunes. Drag and drop all your existing MP3's in there and they will appear in your iTunes. The only fiddly bit (if you're bothered that is) is tidying up the track names and artists. Also, if you're bothered, you might find that you'll have to manually add album art if the 'auto album art finder' doesn't get them for you. I spent 4 evenings sorting mine out.

Edited by Steve Justice

• Paid Members
I'm currently with three.. their coverage is much better than it was in the past, and their iPhone deal is pretty great. I had a contract with Vodafone and was looking to upgrade to an iPhone, and they offered me for