The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

I just picked up an HTC desire hd and have a question about internet use on it.

I get 1gb a month allowance so roughly how much usage will that give me? And would i be better off using a wifi connection, does that count towards my allowance or is it just using threes data connection?

1GB should more than cover any general use although its always a good idea to add any wifis you have either at home, work or mates houses etc to help cover it. You cant really put a figure on how much 1GB will get you but its a fair bit, you shouldnt ever go over it even if you are on the internet for a few hours a day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well i can finally upgrade my god awful iPhone in a couple of weeks, pretty much got my mind set on the HTC Desire HD, but what other phones out at the moment are as good and compare to the HTC? Just want to make sure theres nothing better out there before i choose my phone.

EDIT: Yeah, the all you can eat data plan is unlimited. That's mad. I don't think many people whatsoever will use over 1GB so maybe they're thinking they can pinch a lot of the market by scaring them into thinking they need that much?

That's about right. I work for o2 retention, and see a very small portion of customers that do use 3-5gb a month through video/radio streaming, but do get plenty of idiots that think all you can eat data will be better for them when they only use 100mb a month.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend any decent free workout apps for the iPhone? I've just signed up to the gym and I'm essentially making note of what reps and weights I'm doing in the Notepad. I'm looking for an app that will do all of this in a more detailed way, and maybe a few extra things with it such as calorie consumption and all that.

• Paid Members
Can anyone recommend any decent free workout apps for the iPhone? I've just signed up to the gym and I'm essentially making note of what reps and weights I'm doing in the Notepad. I'm looking for an app that will do all of this in a more detailed way, and maybe a few extra things with it such as calorie consumption and all that.

Won't help you when it comes to logging reps for weights, but I recommend Noom. It is Calorific and Cardio Trainer combined. Calorific is a decent calory counting & consumption app whereas Cardio Trainer is a fantastic...err cardio app. Uses GPS when you're out on a run/jog/cycle/kayak/cross country skis (I'm not kidding) to determine distance, speed, climb and calculate number of calories burned. It is also set up for many, many other cardio-based activities and you can log historic workouts and they estimate the number of calories burned.

Edit: Not sure if it's available for iPhone, I would assume so as it is available for Android.

Edited by fruitcorner