The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

That's a mistake by HTC.

I've got one of those wallet type flip over cases. It's a little bit cumbersome. Does anyone have alternative suggestions? I like the look of those silicone ones. Bit worried about the lack of screen protection though. I have one of those film screen protectors at the moment. Unfortunately I made a hash of the installation. Loads of dust and bubbles.

I'd like to retain the sleek look whilst protecting the screen and phone.

Used them on an iPhone 3GS before and overall its not a bad investment, absolute nightmare to get on right though. Have plenty of patience young padowan (sp?)

I've got myself a little gig, gonna be writing reviews for a web site called www.tracyandmatt.co.uk. Gonna be starting with the new Samsung Galaxy Ace, so will post a link to it on here.

I'm at a mobile phone crossroads. I have been with T-Mobile and, most recently, with Orange. I'm 14 months into an 18 month contract for my HTC Hero. From next month, I can upgrade. However, I've had issues with both the phone and with Orange. Orange have really shitty reception in my block of flats and I use the phone a lot less as a result. They cut me a deal when I got the phone, as I have a

• Paid Members
I'm at a mobile phone crossroads. I have been with T-Mobile and, most recently, with Orange. I'm 14 months into an 18 month contract for my HTC Hero. From next month, I can upgrade. However, I've had issues with both the phone and with Orange. Orange have really shitty reception in my block of flats and I use the phone a lot less as a result. They cut me a deal when I got the phone, as I have a

• Paid Members
Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

No idea why that just happened.

My two week old Desire HD seems to have slowed a little. Web browsing is fine. I've only downloaded a couple of apps. Texts seem to take a while to send. Should it not be instant?

Edited by BigJag

My desire HD is a good few months old and still as quick as ever. I have had a few issues with the update put out over christmas, but they seem to have sorted themselves now.

Texts should be instant, but thats not necessarily a fault with the phone, it could be the signal etc. But I assume you wouldn't be complaining about it if you didn't have a signal.

Edited by KFR42

If I stay Android, I'm looking at the Optimus 2X, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S II and the Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC. The former two are the first in a wave of dual processor phones and I'm considering the latter because I didn't have major problems with Sony Ericsson phones and it solves some of the issues I had with the Hero, i.e. the camera not being good enough.

• Paid Members

Been noticing a few issues with my Desire HD. Anyone having issues with the charging plug falling out a little too easily? Also the page that shoews your text messages in a flickable gallery. Seems to have gotten smaller all of a sudden. I'm sure it filled the screen more than it does now.

Similar thing seems to have happened with the bookmarks page. It only takes up half the screen. Ive not changed any settings.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Well my contract with o2 is up in May and i can finally get rid of my bloody iphone and looking at getting a htc desire hd. Reviews seem good etc and the fact its not an iphone is also a good thing because it seems like everyone i know has one, and having briefly used a mates htc, i fell in love with it! So if anyone can point me towards any good deals for this phone, that would be great!

• Paid Members
Been noticing a few issues with my Desire HD. Anyone having issues with the charging plug falling out a little too easily? Also the page that shoews your text messages in a flickable gallery. Seems to have gotten smaller all of a sudden. I'm sure it filled the screen more than it does now.

Similar thing seems to have happened with the bookmarks page. It only takes up half the screen. Ive not changed any settings.

These issues seem to have rectified themselves.

Bono have a look over the last couple of pages. I can highly recommend the Desired HD.