The Smartphone & associated apps discussion thread

David

Bought an HTC HD2 payg due to its hacking qualities, and have Windows Mobile 7 and Android 2.3 dual booting on it, its an incredible phone, can run 7 different operating systems(including linux!) and even tho its a couple of years old, its spec still stands up today, 1ghz cpu, 4.3 inch screen 5 megapixel camera. Amazing phone!

Viber has just come out for the android market too meaning free calls between android and Iphone users :)

I just jizzed in my pants. Had my first Viber call and it's the best call quality i have ever had from a phone conversation. Just a question. I was going to ask if you are out and about and you use the 3G as oposed to a wireless interent connection of a WI-Fi hotspot how much data is used per call?

• 2 weeks later...
I got me a Galaxy SII a few weeks ago, absolutely love the phone, really smooth, fantastic screen and image quality, android is far better than i anticipated

also comes with 100% less smugness than the iphone

I got mine last week and love it, I thought my desire was good but this blows the desire away

I'm having so many problems with my HTC Desire at the moment. It keeps overheating and restarting, only to get stuck on the bootup screen, requiring a battery pull. This happened 10 times during one day recently.

I sent it back to Vodafone to fix it and they returned it to me, saying a software upgrade should have solved the problem. I was using it for 10 minutes and it overheated and restarted again.

Giving them one more shot to fix it before I start with the letters.

Anybody else had this problem with their Desire?

I thought maybe appropriate to ask here. Would anyone know of anything of its kind in existence where people can buy a ticket for an event using an app on their phone then when they go to an event the ticket is shown on the screen with a security barcode so when the person goes to the event the people on the door scan the barcode on the phone screen granting the person entry to the event? Or am i thinking something way in the future here?

• Paid Members

I'm looking to get a new phone, and want to stay with Android so the Galaxy II, Xperia Arc or Desire HD are the ones I'm looking at. However, a lot of people have got Blackberrtw these days and its got me considering them.

What's the deal with Blackberrys? Why do so many people swear by them?

I just got a HTC Sensation (next one on from the Desire HD) and it's really nice. 1.2 dual core processor and a 1080p camera, 2.3 Android software and 8gb of SD memory. Just upgraded from an iPhone 3GS and happy with what I've got thus far.

• Paid Members

I've got a Desire HD on Orange. Love the phone. Was trying to use the sat nav function the other day. Trying to get from Cov City Centre to Stoneleigh. The phone refused to get a GPS lock. Even when it did get one it lost it fairly quickly. This seems to be a recurring problem.

Anyone else experienced similar?