[Nominations] Worst Event of the Decade

tiger_rick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the Cyber Sunday PPV's was awful, but even after checking Wikipedia, I cant remember which one it was. I'd probably vote for December to Dismember if I'd actually seen it. Thus I'll vote for:

Great American Bash 2004 (Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio was actually very good though)

As bad as WCW was towards the end I still thought most of the PPVs had something worth watching even if it was more of the 'so bad it's good variety'.

WCW SuperBrawl 2000 (20th February 2000)

Was at least fun in a car crash type of way with crazy David Flair in a Sicilian Stretcher match where even the duct tape wouldn't cooperate with WCW, KISS Demon's match being advertised as a "Special Main Event" to get around a legal loophole, Tank Abbott pulling out a knife, Booker losing his 'T' and rough-looking Scott Hall's last PPV appearance.

WCW Starrcade 2000

Had the Cruiserweight Ladder Match, a decent Bunkhouse match, and one of Sid's best ever singles matches in the main event.

I think one of the reasons the WCW shows looked so bad at the time was because WWF was on such a hot run producing some of their best PPVs ever up to that point.

Anyway, my vote goes to:

ECW December To Dismember (03/12/2006)

Some rotten matches, but more for the horrible booking, funeral like atmosphere and thrown-together feel (at least that bit was in keeping with the Original ECW) that almost succeeded in erasing any good memories of the ONS events. Unlike WCW there wasn't even much that was worth a laugh either. Even the only good match was a 'guest match' with the stars from other brands, which seemed to just be there to highlight how bad the rest of the show and ECW in general was.