Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

One of the Cyber Sunday PPV's was awful, but even after checking Wikipedia, I cant remember which one it was. I'd probably vote for December to Dismember if I'd actually seen it. Thus I'll vote for:

 

Great American Bash 2004 (Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio was actually very good though)

Posted

As bad as WCW was towards the end I still thought most of the PPVs had something worth watching even if it was more of the 'so bad it's good variety'.

 

WCW SuperBrawl 2000 (20th February 2000)

 

Was at least fun in a car crash type of way with crazy David Flair in a Sicilian Stretcher match where even the duct tape wouldn't cooperate with WCW, KISS Demon's match being advertised as a "Special Main Event" to get around a legal loophole, Tank Abbott pulling out a knife, Booker losing his 'T' and rough-looking Scott Hall's last PPV appearance.

 

WCW Starrcade 2000

 

Had the Cruiserweight Ladder Match, a decent Bunkhouse match, and one of Sid's best ever singles matches in the main event.

 

I think one of the reasons the WCW shows looked so bad at the time was because WWF was on such a hot run producing some of their best PPVs ever up to that point.

 

Anyway, my vote goes to:

 

ECW December To Dismember (03/12/2006)

 

Some rotten matches, but more for the horrible booking, funeral like atmosphere and thrown-together feel (at least that bit was in keeping with the Original ECW) that almost succeeded in erasing any good memories of the ONS events. Unlike WCW there wasn't even much that was worth a laugh either. Even the only good match was a 'guest match' with the stars from other brands, which seemed to just be there to highlight how bad the rest of the show and ECW in general was.

Posted

December to Dismember

 

I'm with BigBoot on WCW PPV's they either had at least some decent action inbetween the shit (usually provided by the cruisers) or were so bad they actually became entertaining.

  • Paid Members
Posted

December to Dismember

WCW New Blood Rising

WWE Judgment Day 2004

WWE Great American Bash 2007

Posted

Breaking Point 2009

Judgment Day 2007

No Way Out 2007

December To Dismember 2006

No Mercy 2006

Armageddon 2005

Taboo Tuesday 2005

Great American Bash 2005

Judgment Day 2005

Unforgiven 2004

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...