DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Just one question that I had which may have been explained but I missed it..

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

How were the kids set up/chosen in the first place?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Whilst not explicitly mentioned, one of the last lines in the film was something along the lines of "Y'know, I don't think Thor even has a cousin" so I imagine probably invented a distant cousin to 'reconnect' with the guy and tell him about the cabin.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Just one question that I had which may have been explained but I missed it..

How were the kids set up/chosen in the first place?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Whilst not explicitly mentioned, one of the last lines in the film was something along the lines of "Y'know, I don't think Thor even has a cousin" so I imagine probably invented a distant cousin to 'reconnect' with the guy and tell him about the cabin.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I think he meant more along the lines of: How was it ensured that kids filling the appropriate roles would become friends and stay friends until the right time?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Yeah, I didn't mind One Day. Nothing special but it was fine. I had *that* moment spoiled for me beforehand when the missus read the book though, so I could see it coming when the scene rolled around.

Saw the Avengers last night, it was a pretty entertaining film.

It amazed me that with Robert Downey Jr chewing up the scenery, Mark Ruffalo steals the show as Bruce Banner/Hulk.

off to watch Cabin in the Woods again tonight to see if it holds up as well when you know the plot points and twists.

One Day's "that" moment you could see coming a mile off.

Misses liked it, wasnt my thing at all. I just like spotting the continuity error in it when they are on the rooftop and St Pauls Catherdral is in one spot then somewhere else in the next shot, it inexplicably moves yet no part of London's landscape was destroyed

bloody loved The Avengers (assemble)

probably will go watch it again and its maybe my favourite of the marvel movies. wont go into much more in fear of spoilers and a lot of you probably dont care anyway. its a great blockbuster though.

great performances and action. a lot of fun

Which Marvel films is it necessary/a good idea to have watched before Avengers? I've not seen Thor, Captain America, any of the Iron Man films or the last two Hulks. I'm guessing there are probably lots of in-jokes and whatnot from the previous films.

• Paid Members
Which Marvel films is it necessary/a good idea to have watched before Avengers? I've not seen Thor, Captain America, any of the Iron Man films or the last two Hulks. I'm guessing there are probably lots of in-jokes and whatnot from the previous films.

Looks like you've answered your own question there, not that it would matter much, I don't suppose. I've seen the Iron Man films and Thor, but not the others. Doubt it will make any difference to what I think of the Avengers.

• Paid Members

I saw The Avengers last night, as the resident drooling superhero movie obsessive of the forum/my group of friends it was obviously something I've waited a long time for. I was riveted from before it even began but holy shit is the last hour or so good, everyone gets a chance to shine, nothing feels crammed in or unnecessary and the action is straight up the best I've ever seen. I fucking loved it. Well worth the wait. The Hulk looked amazing too.

I'd say if you really want to "get" it on every level you should watch Thor, both Iron mans and Captain America first because they really did link them all really well in it but I'm sure if you're not bothered it's still fun going in blind

• Paid Members
I saw The Avengers last night, as the resident drooling superhero movie obsessive of the forum/my group of friends it was obviously something I've waited a long time for. I was riveted from before it even began but holy shit is the last hour or so good, everyone gets a chance to shine, nothing feels crammed in or unnecessary and the action is straight up the best I've ever seen. I fucking loved it. Well worth the wait. The Hulk looked amazing too.

I'd say if you really want to "get" it on every level you should watch Thor, both Iron mans and Captain America first because they really did link them all really well in it but I'm sure if you're not bothered it's still fun going in blind

Mark Ruffalo is a fantastic Banner, easily the best performance of the 3 newer Hulk films and the Hulk just looks amazing in it. Action in it is perfect, with so much going on no one gets lost in the mix and Black Widow / Hawkeye are nicely established despite being the least famous of the characters.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Plus any film I can watch in the cinema in 2012 that has Powers Booth AND Harry Dean Stanton in it obviously has my vote