DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
finally saw Cabin in the woods and i enjoyed it but maybe i watch too much television as i guesed what was going on about half way through and i've apparantly become harder to scare as i get older.

you...

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

knew that they'd unleash all the monsters known to man into an underground bunker then bring on the end of the world by refusing to comply with a ritual sacrifice to the gods?

you got some imagination.

Also, re: what Ebb just posted: I'd say he did see that coming. I know I did. Just because you have little imagination doesn't mean it's implausible for others to think ahead and realise what they're watching before it's all explained for people like you.

finally saw Cabin in the woods and i enjoyed it but maybe i watch too much television as i guesed what was going on about half way through and i've apparantly become harder to scare as i get older.

you...

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

knew that they'd unleash all the monsters known to man into an underground bunker then bring on the end of the world by refusing to comply with a ritual sacrifice to the gods?

you got some imagination.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

no just that they were killing them to satisfy some devil/demon/god/deity creature. the blood going into the symbol for the first time was a give away

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

For a film people are so adamant about not being spoiled, there's a lot of unspoiled speculative lines flying around here that might cause a guy to put two and two together.

anything of mine. i'll get rid if you want

Edited by iamtheman

• Moderators

I finally got around to watching Attack the Block last night. It was exactly what I expected it to be. Pretty funny, some decent characters and action. Nothing mind-blowing but it did what it did well. The kind of film that I would be flicking past on TV in years to come and end up getting sucked into watching it again.

• Paid Members

Went to see Cabin in the Woods the other night based completely on the strength of the recommendations of certain posters in this thread. Knew fuck all about it before going in. Thought it was wildly entertaining, but nothing revolutionary or all that ground breaking. Its definitely an enjoyable movie, but one I dont think I'd bother sitting through again. Having said that, I have recommended it on to other people. Also, its not that hard to see how the story was going to progress, I made a pretty accurate call on it about half way through.

EDIT: Cabin in the Woods is the thing that Joss Whedon has done that I like.

However, the main thing I wanted to talk about from my visit to the cinema was that I seen the trailer for Prometheus and it made me super excited. How is everyone else feeling about this movie? Looking forward to it? Think it will be a disaster? What?

Edited by JohnnyChimpo

Went to see Cabin in the Woods the other night based completely on the strength of the recommendations of certain posters in this thread. Knew fuck all about it before going in. Thought it was wildly entertaining, but nothing revolutionary or all that ground breaking. Its definitely an enjoyable movie, but one I dont think I'd bother sitting through again. Having said that, I have recommended it on to other people. Also, its not that hard to see how the story was going to progress, I made a pretty accurate call on it about half way through.

However, the main thing I wanted to talk about from my visit to the cinema was that I seen the trailer for Prometheus and it made me super excited. How is everyone else feeling about this movie? Looking forward to it? Think it will be a disaster? What?

I can't quite work out if I'm excited because its about Aliens, or because its one of the finest trailers ever but my god it makes my heart beat faster. That noise is immense. CANNOT WAIT!

The Green Hornet

Being unfamiliar with the character I must ask; is he meant to be a totally unlikeable prick? Or is that just Seth Rogen being a total asshole? Either way this film absolutely sucked. Waltz was a non-event and there was an odd, flat tone throughout. Jay Chou was fun, that's about it.

• Moderators

I'm also unfamiliar with the character but I got the feeling that he's supposed to be a bit clueless and insensitive but a good guy at heart, and Rogen being in the role naturally led to that translating as "complete jerk".

I really enjoyed Waltz's performance though.

• Paid Members
I hated Green Hornet, it's in the bottom 3 masked crimefighter movie adaptations of all time.

The other 2 being the Shadow and the Spirit, I'm geussing.

Well I was thinking Punisher (Thomas Jane one) and Catwoman but then I realised Punisher isn't masked so that doesn't count, the only reason I used that awkward description (masked cimefighter) was because I couldn't call them Superhero movies as Green Hornet isn't really one of those and neither is the Punisher, I couldn't call them Comic book movies because Green Hornet doesn't originate from comics. So um yeah, Shadow and Spirit were pretty shitty but at least the Spirit had Scarlett Johannsonin a Nazi outfit.