DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Tut tut tut, drinking the holy water or whatever it was only had effect if yous tayed within that tomb thing. Thats why that old knight was there, if he left he would age and die as the effects only existed if you remained to protect the magic cup. Thats why it healed his gunshot wound when poured over it but cant stop you from ageing once you left the tomb.

Surely Jones Snr's gunshot wound would then kill him once he'd left the tomb. If the effects of the drink only work within the confines of the temple.

Tut tut tut, drinking the holy water or whatever it was only had effect if yous tayed within that tomb thing. Thats why that old knight was there, if he left he would age and die as the effects only existed if you remained to protect the magic cup. Thats why it healed his gunshot wound when poured over it but cant stop you from ageing once you left the tomb.

Surely Jones Snr's gunshot wound would then kill him once he'd left the tomb. If the effects of the drink only work within the confines of the temple.

Well no, the gunshot wound was completely healed by the water, it wont then reappear after he left. By drinking the ater Jones Snr also effectively became immortal like the knight but that wore off as soon as he left.

Its also a Spielberg/Lucas Indiana Jones film, its full of holes.

• Paid Members

I'm currently watching Transmorphers 2: Fall of Man.

It's every bit as craptacular as you'd expect, and yet I've not had the urge to turn it off like I did with the actual Tranformers movie. Not that there should be any doubt anyway, but Bruce Boxleitner > Shia le Bouf. He even has a cooler sounding name. Mind you, everybody has a cooler sounding name than Shia le Bouf.

• Paid Members
Wall E is OK from what I remember, nowhere near being a good Pixar film but definately worth watching. As Mr Seven said the undertones in the first 40 minutes are excellent and I loved it, the second half is like watching a completely different film.

I think "OK" is a bit harsh, but the second half certainly took a bit of a dive from the interesting first half. Overall I'd say it was very good, but the moral messages smashed repeatedly over the viewers head in the second half took it down a few notches.

Pixar seem to do no wrong with reviews though. Wall-e is 94/100 on metacritic! I think 8/10 would be generous personally. I've not bothered with UP or Toy Story 3 due to the tidal wave of Pixar hype that lets me down every time. Wall-e was very good though, but not excellent.

Watched the documentary portion on the Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide DVD. Interesting and thought provoking stuff for sure, anyone who buys this or watches the doc on the net with the belief that they're just going to see a load of gory scenes from these movies is going to be disappointed. There is some of the gore in there (including a great 3 minute or so long montage) but it's MUCH more than that.

Working my way through the trailers with intros section now, about 2 hours into the first disc. Again, very interesting stuff.

Saw 'Flight of the Navigator' last night too. It's really fucking boring for about 40-45 minutes then it's anti-climatic and rushed from there. It IS a Disney movie from the 80s though so I don't know what I was expecting. Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a cheap whore in it.

Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a cheap whore in it.

And this is different to any other time how?

I have fond memories of Flight of the Navigator so I better not watch it again through adult eyes for fear of killing my childhood like I did when I bought Tron.

• Paid Members

Just Watched:

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Bit of an odd one, as i hadent seen the first (although like a few people my age, are big fans due to the various cartoon series when i was younger), but my nan randomly bought this for my girlfriend for christmas, and although id heard the first one was rather bad.........the idea of a film with the silver surfer and of course Galactus(!) just made me need to watch it, no matter how bad and or good it was.

So i checked it out, and a few little bits a side (mainly steming from me not seeing the first one) it was...........ok. Not terrible, not amazing by a long shot, but entertaining to a certain degree, and that what i want from a movie, to entertain me. Basic story is the surfer turns up to prepare the planet for dinner time, the fantastic 4 are having a bit of trouble with this, as well as Dr Doom turns up and ruines the whole thing! In the end you get a rough sort of idea of whats going on with the surfer, (it does help if you are a fan though), and otherwise you get the smallest glimpse of GALACTUS (!) himself, although not as in a giant bloke, but although his, "Shape" in storm clouds......but it was still ok though.

Again a few little bits that got me, thing looked a bit "Plastic".....Invisible women looking like she hada terrible wig on...a few mild swear words,(like crap or piss, i mean it doesnt bother me, but i just presumed this was aimed more towards kids for some reason), but bar a few things like that it also had: Silver Surfer (~!), GALACTUS (~!), Fanatasic fours crazy jet thing (~!), Dr Doom (~!) , Various superpower jokes (~!) and a stan lee cameo in which he plays himself (~!). So all in all, id imagine its maybe not worth seekign out unless your some sort of fan of the Fantastic 4. But i was entertained, and i think that'll do for me!

A good family-ish movie, something i think might turn up on channel 5 on a sunday afternoon. Again, good, entertaining and i liked it.

7/10.

Does anyone remember CLUE?

Basically a film based on the popular board game that we know in this country as CLUEDO

Starring;

Tim Curry as The Butler. Eileen Brennan as Mrs. Peacock, Christopher Lloyd as Professor Plum, Michael McKean as Mr. Green, Martin Mull as Colonel Mustard, Lesley Ann Warren as Miss Scarlet, and Lee Ving as Mr. Boddy.

Personally I love this film and am happy to watch it again and again, its so daft but then it is a comedy and if watched with the right frame of mind can be very funny.

Edited by SpiralTap

• Paid Members
Watched the documentary portion on the Video Nasties: The Definitive Guide DVD. Interesting and thought provoking stuff for sure, anyone who buys this or watches the doc on the net with the belief that they're just going to see a load of gory scenes from these movies is going to be disappointed. There is some of the gore in there (including a great 3 minute or so long montage) but it's MUCH more than that.

I watched this today. Excellent stuff, essential viewing for all those that posted in the Censorship/A Serbian Film threads a couple of months ago too.

• Paid Members

I watched this today. Excellent stuff, essential viewing for all those that posted in the Censorship/A Serbian Film threads a couple of months ago too.

I've just got this today from HMV. Limited edition No 2958. Haven't got to the doc yet. That's this evenings entertainment sorted. It looks great. I can't be the only one MASSIVELY impressed by the fact disc 1 has over 50 minutes of pre cert video idents as an extra. Now that's my kind of anal attention to detail. I'm watching them now.

• Paid Members
Does anyone remember CLUE?

Basically a film based on the popular board game that we know in this country as CLUEDO

Starring;

Tim Curry as The Butler. Eileen Brennan as Mrs. Peacock, Christopher Lloyd as Professor Plum, Michael McKean as Mr. Green, Martin Mull as Colonel Mustard, Lesley Ann Warren as Miss Scarlet, and Lee Ving as Mr. Boddy.

Personally I love this film and am happy to watch it again and again, its so daft but then it is a comedy and if watched with the right frame of mind can be very funny.

I love this movie. Great performance from Tim Curry I might add.