DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

KingofMetal. Dude, a bit too much sig. Probably drop the animated gif and keep the William Murderface Murderface Murderface one.

• Paid Members
KingofMetal. Dude, a bit too much sig. Probably drop the animated gif and keep the William Murderface Murderface Murderface one.

Off topic but needs to be done...

I DOOOOOOOOOOOOO COCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Dr Rockso is the best.

• Paid Members

Cu-Cu-Cu-Cu-Yaaaayah.

I do love him so. I was really gutted when he got clean, then really pleased when he fell off the wagon. I don't know if that's how I'm supposed to feel.

"I gotta go man, I got some stuff to do. I'll give you a hint: It's cocaine!"

• Paid Members
Cu-Cu-Cu-Cu-Yaaaayah.

I do love him so. I was really gutted when he got clean, then really pleased when he fell off the wagon. I don't know if that's how I'm supposed to feel.

"I gotta go man, I got some stuff to do. I'll give you a hint: It's cocaine!"

"My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit" is perhaps the greatest line ever.

I need a Metalocalypse session when I get home, such a great show, and Im not a particuarly big metal fan.

• Paid Members
Best of The Best on Channel 5 Last Night

Aeons since I last watched it

Still full of class, cheese and

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

where else can you get a film called Best of the Best and the 'heroes' lose?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Plus its got James Earl Jones

Whats not to like?

ahh man coincidence, i just got my Best of The Best 4 disk boxset from my mam's! gonna watch the first film tonight :)

After this post, and arguing with someone last week that 2 is better than 1 (which it is, on account of Big Ralf), I've been and bought the boxed set today. I've never seen 3 or 4, but always thought Phillip Rhee was pretty nifty.

• Paid Members

Yeah he is pretty cool.

The first film really sold me on the idea of Eric Roberts as a skilled martial artist, which was fairly good going. Chris Penn not so much. The brick breaking scene was cool though.

I'm not sure if I prefer 1 or 2. The audience at the colosseum in number 2 is just hilarious, and Brakus is a beast, but I prefer Dae Han in the first one when he still has mystique about him and his teary eyed speech at the end is tremendous. Also the slow motion ice cream based scenes. It's a tough call, but I think James Earl Jones gives number 1 the edge.

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

James Earl Jones = good

Ugly blonde woman = not so good

Bloke with nunchakus and ponytail = good

Native American sauna = not so good

Pros and cons to them both.

The choreography in the second one is much improved. The first one only really had the exchange between Dae Han and Tommy that stood out, the rest is the typical US fare with flashy kicks done in empty air and then bog standard 1-2 combos when people get in close. In the second, Eric Roberts is considerably faster and handling longer combinations. Tommy bringing more Hapkido into it - particularly against the yellow coats when finding out what happened to Travis, and in his duel against pony tail bloke - is particularly good.

It's possible I have a slight soft spot for 2, as I saw it first, and watching it back now it does have just that little bit too much shmaltz between Eric and son, but in action terms it's definately the better of the two.

• Paid Members

Today was the first time I actually saw the nunchakus. I've been relying on a VHS copy from about 1992 that they'd done a reasonable job of editing them out (considering most BBFC nunchaku-removal editing of the time just involved crudely cutting chunks of footage out with no regard for any seamlessness in visual or soundtrack). I'd read (probably in Impact) that there was nunchakus once upon a time though, and eventually spotted a few tell tale signs, such as Tommy taking him down with one arm, but applying the armbar to the other, and the silver handle being visible in one shot.

Meg doesn't look as hot as she did as Evil Lyn though.

Edited by surf_digby

Seen She's Out Of My League on Tuesday evening. I'll make this quick.

It will not change your life. It is not Oscar material. It does not have the same risqu

Without going back through this thread to find the answer (partly because I'm lazy and partly because the IPS error is out in full force at the moment), has anyone seen The Human Centipede? I watched it with a mate the other day and we both loved it despite it not being as gory as we expected. It's actually quite a slow film, but it's full of horrible situations which are presided over by one of the most maniacal doctors I've ever seen in film. Seriously, the lead villain in this movie is one of the best baddies in years. So little happens in the film that I can't say much more about it without giving anything away, but it's well worth a watch if you fancy seeing people in an utterly miserable situation that there seems to be no way out of.

• Paid Members

Best of the Best 3

It's not good. :(

I had high hopes for this, as I had the impression it was somewhat of a pet project for Phillip Rhee, but it's bland and predictable, Rhee is imitating Bruce Lee a fair bit rather than continuing with the fighting style he established in the first two films, and the bad guys come off as just a bunch of dumb hicks, rather than some Aryan threat.

Low budget martial arts flicks can always be saved by decent choreography (ie: Drive), and BOTB2 was particularly good for it's time, but it's poor here. The problem seems to fall more on the stunt men who are slow, seem to flip bump everything to compensate, and in a couple of occassions look like they're going though things in their head as they go to take on Tommy.

Bonus point for Gina Gershon. Half a point knocked off for not having her naked at some point.

So far, worst of the series.

Edited by surf_digby