General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

It should be decriminalised - there are just so many arguments in favour, and so few against, I just don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. Well, I do know, but it's amazing how an entrenched, outdated philosophy can still outweigh pretty much every pragmatic and social consideration.

Big shock last night with Bernie Sanders winning Michigan despite being on average over 20 points down in polls while Clinton won Mississippi as expected. Trump won biggest on the night taking 3 out of 4.

Rubio is prettyy much finished at this point isn't he? And it is looking more and more like Trump Vs. Cruz. Now that is a terrifying prospect.

• Paid Members

It’s just a chilling thought — Ted Cruz is pretty scary, but I’m less concerned by someone who has come through the party system, got all their ties to various groups, and has had to work their way into their position. I don’t get the feeling that Cruz has the potential to just rip huge holes in society, whereas I get the feeling that Trump and some of his followers would be well up for it.

It's like we've crossed over into some other dimension. Come November, we could be living in a world where Donald fucking Trump of all people is the President of the United States and Leicester City could be the defending Premiership champions. If you said a year ago that either of those was a remote possibility you'd have likely been sectioned

I can't help but giggle at the new headlines this morning on good morning britain.

President obama blast's david cameron for getting tied up with personal problems over dealing wiith 2011 libia crisis.

His mother has lost her voluntary job at a childrens center because of government cuts :)

I was reading the last presidential thread on here, when we were worried that Romney might win. Jesus Christ they were happy times.

It is truly worrying that the nutters/losers from last time seem far less dangerous than Cruz or Trump. When people like Mitt, Rick Perry, Santorum (don't Google it) and even the fucking Pizza Guy (who was or wasn't worried about people from Az-bekki-bekki-stan, depending on the time of day) seem less dangerous than the current lot, you know we are in trouble.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

Perhaps the most disturbing thing is that due to all the nonsense about Mexican walls and Muslamic bans Hillary Clinton is flying under the radar.

Unlike mental Don, she actually has a chance of getting in, and shit will get worse with her in power.

• Paid Members

Not quite sure how Hillary is flying under the radar — Sanders never had a shot at winning, still doesn't, but he's done what he wanted to, caused a lot of people to think about some stuff they wouldn't really have considered previously, and asked Hillary some questions that would definitely never have been posed if the procession that everyone expected a year ago had come to pass.

The level to which "shit" will "get worse" with her in power is debatable — with politics the way it is, I can't really think of a choice that would be preferable, without that revolution that no-one has any idea how to actually get going.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I get to vote — pretty sure if your papers come through in time for registration, you can vote right away. We're actually right next to the polling station, which is in a Jewish retirement home, so voting is no hassle, I can just leave an hour late for work, go downstairs to get a bagel and some cawfee, and vote on the way out. Democratic primary in NY is in April, I think, so I'll be chucking my vote away on Bernie. I feel like I did my work — my glittery gif that I made of his logo has 125,000+ notes or thereabouts on Tumblr, so I raised awareness in the twat community.