General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

Did he fuck a pig in front of the queen or something? I've been seeing mental headlines, but haven't read any articles because politics is boring - but had to come on here and try to get a summary of this Corbyn lad.

There are plenty of reasons to attack Corbyn, depending on your politics and your views on the particular issues. The problem is, the media have completely shot their load in just over a week. I mean, it's nonstop. And they don't just attack him for his views, they lose their minds over every utterance he's ever made in 30 years as an MP. And they go even lower. The whole him fucking Diane Abbott thing. Is that relevant to anything? Not really. Nobody cares that Ed Balls and Yevette Cooper are married. But it's Corbyn, so they're going to use it. And anyone close to him as well. There's a story in one of the red tops about his great great grandfather owning a workhouse or something. They are laying into McDonnell for "sympathising" with the IRA. But of course, when you look at what was actually said, it's just utter nonsense. But good luck swimming against this tide.

You know, I'm just now starting on a trajectory that will hopefully end with me working in journalism and the "journalism" I see every day at the moment, especially when it comes to

Corbyn, it really makes me sick.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

It would be hypocritical to take pleasure in the Mail of all newspapers reporting a scurrilous gossip story about David Cameron.

On a similar note, Cameron put his dick in a dead pigs (no not thatcher) mouth, apparently.

Ah, fuck it:

CPYQ9LgWIAAJeBH.jpg

Whenever David Cameron holds up a pig for PR, his mind must flicker back to that incident, even if just for a split second

Think the funniest thing about this is that this is one of the most widely joy-giving, least depressing things to happen in UK politics in my lifetime, and it involves animal necrophilia

Edited by sj5522