General politics discussion thread

David

Can someone explain how on earth the Charlie Brooker thing has come up? I've completely missed how it relates to Cameron or whatever he's done in the past 24 hours... Seeing as the episode of Black Mirror aired a few years back now.

Can someone explain how on earth the Charlie Brooker thing has come up? I've completely missed how it relates to Cameron or whatever he's done in the past 24 hours... Seeing as the episode of Black Mirror aired a few years back now.

Nothing much has happened, just a lot of people have noted the parallels between the actual Prime Minister being accused of putting his penis in a pig's mouth and a fictional Prime Minister being made to fuck a pig on live Television in the first episode of Black Mirror.

Brooker has fanned the flames by tweeting an extract from the script, and has apparently given a statement to someone saying the similarities are a complete coincidence and he'd heard no rumours about the Cameron thing at the time he wrote it. Which is almost certainly true, since he first wrote publicly about the idea in 2002 (see here, page 192) long before Cameron was even leader of the Conservatives.

Edit: Does anybody know when Cameron is next scheduled to make a public appearance?

Edited by Pinc

Like the horse meat scandal before it this affair has inspired some absolutely rancid attempts at humour all over Facebook and Twitter. Otherwise reasonable people retweeting shite, shite puns everywhere.

I'll admit to raising a smile at 'Swine/11', but everything else has been appalling so far.

As humours the allegations are over the PM having once gotten head from an expired pig (and if photographic evidence of that somehow crops up, whoever owns the photo is going to be a very rich person), I'm a bit more concerned about the claim from a non-dom that he felt entitled to buy his way into the cabinet.

Edited by Glen Quagmire

• Paid Members

Seeing tomorrow's front pages I'm beginning to wonder if Cameron can survive this. I've seen The Mail, The Mirror and The Sun. They all smell blood. A few more days of headlines like this and I don't think Cameron can recover.

I also wonder if Ashcroft has something else coming.

Edited by nfc90210