What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Parks and Rec is great, I've been watching it in BBC4, season 3 is just coming to end, I don't think I well be able to wait till next year for the next series, I'm going to have to look it up online. It really has a great set of characters. I love the addition of Ben and Chris to the cast.

He really is, the little touches of his character are brilliant like how he people by their full names all the time. It's a great character which could have been highly annoying but Rob Lowe makes him solikeable.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

I thought the ending to HIMYM was the right one to go with. It was the obvious end result for long time fans of the show, it was basically what the show was all about. An on-off love affair between those two people

I stopped watching HIMYM a couple of seasons back. The last thing I remember was a flashforward of Robin getting married. As much as I enjoyed it for the most part it just wasn't as funny any more (for me at least). However I am intrigued as to how it panned out. Could someone please bullet point the main happenings from that point forward and how it ended? It would save me having to sit through 2 or 3 seasons.

Currently big into The Blacklist. Has been a fantastic show since it started in September and heading towards the season 1 finale. Recently finished up watching season 1 of Bates Motel. Great concept and much better than expected. And will be starting Hannibal season 2 this week! Some great shows around right now.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members
I stopped watching HIMYM a couple of seasons back. The last thing I remember was a flashforward of Robin getting married. As much as I enjoyed it for the most part it just wasn't as funny any more (for me at least). However I am intrigued as to how it panned out. Could someone please bullet point the main happenings from that point forward and how it ended? It would save me having to sit through 2 or 3 seasons.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Robin and Barney get married in the penultimate episode.

The final episode reveals this -

3 years later Barney and Robin divorce, Robin travel the world and becomes a famous reporter and drifts away from the group as a whole.

Barney knocks up #31 at the end of "a perfect month" and has a child with her (but she's never revealed). Barney finally finds someone he unconditionally loves.

Lily and Marshall have another child (3 in total) and Marshall becomes a Judge and then (I think) District Attourney.

Ted and the mother (revealed to be named Tracy McConnell) get together and have two kids (the ones he's talking to) and it shows you how some of the flash forwards and stuff linked to her and some new stuff.

Then it's revealed that she dies and Ted is telling his kids the story 6 years after she's gone. After "and that kids is how I met your mother" they point out she's hardly mentioned in the story at all, and what he did was in fact tell them how he's "totally in love with Aunt Robin". They urge him to call her and tell her, and then in the final scene it's a call-back to one of the very first episodes.

Robin is in her apartment with her dogs, Ted rings the doorbell and she looks out the window, and he's stood holding the blue french horn. Cut to credits.

A lot of people have been crying about it, but it all makes perfect sense. Everything ties together, and viewed as a whole and not just that one episode, it's always been about how he loves Robin and Robin loves him, but it's just never been the right circumstance as they both wanted things the other couldn't offer them. Now they've both done that and they're ready.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Currently big into The Blacklist. Has been a fantastic show since it started in September and heading towards the season 1 finale. Recently finished up watching season 1 of Bates Motel. Great concept and much better than expected. And will be starting Hannibal season 2 this week! Some great shows around right now.

was put off The Blacklist from the trailer, i love Spader but the hot, young, intelligent CIA lady is such a cliche...i may get on it one day for the Spader factor.