What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The always brilliant Jonathan Meades returned with the first of a two parter about Brutalism in architecture. He is one if the genuine intellects in broadcasting and this is ace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/...eades_Episode_1

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Just watched True Detectives episode 5. I won't go into details but this show is amazing. A brief synopsis makes it sound pretty generic but it's anything but. I don't think I've seen anything like it in terms of atmosphere, tension and creepiness. It creeps under your skin like nothing else.

It also has the best opening credits on TV:

• Moderators
Just watched True Detectives episode 5. I won't go into details but this show is amazing. A brief synopsis makes it sound pretty generic but it's anything but. I don't think I've seen anything like it in terms of atmosphere, tension and creepiness. It creeps under your skin like nothing else.

It also has the best opening credits on TV:

I almost couldn't bear the last ten minutes of the most recent episode. It was all so grimy and creepy, I was convinced [Fuck it. Spoiler tags are broke. Initials 'TYK'] was about to rear up and "RAAAAWR!" down the lens. Amazing television. Five episodes in, and it's one of the all-time greats. It's this generation's Twin Peaks.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Absolutely. This show...it feels like everything ugly about human existence on screen but is just spellbinding. I have no idea how it's going to end but I feel like it's going to be something so horrific and disturbing that I can't even imagine. Every mention of "the Yellow King" just sends chills down my spine.

• Paid Members
Just watched the complete Mad Dogs, having enjoyed the first 13 episodes the final episode felt flat, such a letdown. I have my own theory on the ending but even that doesn't make sense.

First two series were very good I thought, especially the episodes with Ben Chaplin- who seemed to resurrect his 'Matt from Game On' character. The third series just got a bit weird for my liking. There's a special one-off final episode this year, isn't there?

So, NBC are bringing Heroes back for a 13 - episode series called "Heroes Reborn" in 2015.

Didn't it completely jump the shark well before it finished last time?

The first season was brilliant, but it was all down hill from there... I seem to remember them really obviously rebooting either halfway through the second or third seasons, there was an excruciating bit in stereotypical Ireland. I don't recall specifics but I'm sure this was one of the worst victims of the writer strike...

• Paid Members

Heroes was fucking shit on all levels from day one. The amount of people who told me how good it was...who told me to stick with it...I watched the whole first season and it was a complete bag of wank from start to finish. It was never good. One of the worst shows ever.