What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Awards Moderator
I can't believe "Locke" has another TV show, didn't he just have one that got cancelled?

666 Park Avenue, possibly? I saw trailers for that but never caught the programme itself. It had Rachael Taylor in it, though, who is lovely and should never have left Grey's Anatomy. She was in that failed Charlie's Angels reboot as well, I think.

• Paid Members

Watched the first season and have been meaning to watch the second since it originally aired, I enjoyed it when I watched it but it doesn't really grip me at all. It's no Deadwood tbh. I do like Anson Mount and I generally like Colm Meaney but I felt his character was quite one dimensional in HOW.

• Paid Members

Anyone else been watching the new series of 'The Great British Bake Off'? I reckon Kimberley or Ruth will be in the final from what we've seen so far. The scientist chap was good in the early rounds but seemed off his game when it came to breadsticks & the afternoon teas.

Fucking love the bake off.

• Paid Members

Yeah, my girlfriend & housemate watch the bake off, it took me a while but now I think I like it more than them, such easy to watch TV. I do feel like it's missing a "cool" young guy this year. I like the old weirdo who got his custard stolen and his muffins leaned on, he's quite a sad character.

I'm really enjoying this years Bake Off too, I didn't watch the last season but I've been really in to this one. The weird old guy really makes me laugh, he is like a caricature of an old camp gay nerd. I think Ruth will win this year. There is a couple of contestants that I really don't like, the Welsh women who barely managed to stay in last week really gets on my nerves, as does the woman who looks like a clone gone wrong of Mary Berry

Edited by deathrey

More good news for Gladstone - Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D is showing on Channel 4! So we'll all be able to watch it and debate the merits of Agent Chicken Chow-Main keeping their handbag from Iron Man: Legacy #9 and whether she could have had a rucksack in the interests of narrative flow.

• Paid Members
To add to the Bake Off discussion, we're watching this year too, and it's Frances who annoys me the most. The unnecessarily 'creative' one.

Yeah she's so annoying, bringing her stupid stuff she made from home when everyone else just lets what they make in the tent do the talking. And she looks like Noel Fielding.