What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Those who know about these things - is there any update on Parks And Recreation for BBC4? Season 2 finished tonight and I can't see it in the listings next week.

I imagine it's taking a break - Season 1 lasted about three week given that they showed two episodes each time, so they pretty much had to follow it up with the next Season straight away. I'd like to wait, but I think I'm going to have to dive in to Season 3 on Netflix.

• Paid Members

I started watching The Wire! Only watched the first episode as of now but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Welcome to the finest TV work ever made!
What, even better than Howard's Way?I watched the first episode (of The Wire) with Mrs Malcolm last year but she didn't really like it so I'm finally getting round to watching it properly. First episode is excellent.

• Awards Moderator

Those who know about these things - is there any update on Parks And Recreation for BBC4? Season 2 finished tonight and I can't see it in the listings next week.

I imagine it's taking a break - Season 1 lasted about three week given that they showed two episodes each time, so they pretty much had to follow it up with the next Season straight away. I'd like to wait, but I think I'm going to have to dive in to Season 3 on Netflix.
Had a little root around this morning and just in the event it doesn't come back, season 3 is out on DVD over here on 8th July, with season 4 following in August.

I started watching The Wire! Only watched the first episode as of now but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

I have just finished the whole thing, took me long enough to get around to it.It has indeed taken it's rightful place amongst the best TV I have ever seen. I don't know that I'd say it's my personal favourite of all time, but it's clearly excellent. You know something is permeating your brain when you start loving the soundtrack more and more because it means you are about to watch greatness.The only problem with the show it that is it's on HBO and at the start of every episode there is the little HBO ident and static noise clip...hqdefault.jpg..and the second that pops onto screen my brain goes into "Curb Your Enthusiasm" mode and starts playing the Curb theme, or the Oz theme. Either way, it took a while before "When you walk through the garden..." became the natural tune to think of.God, HBO is the best.