What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The Mindy Project starts tonight on E4 I think. Im about 8 episodes in, and its been decent so far. Nothing outstanding, but definately watchable. Mindy herself carries the show well, and theres some solid supporting characters, too. Nothing that will blow you away by how good it is, but definately something to watch if you have a spare 20 minutes.

I watched the first one, didn't like.

Anyone watching In The Flesh? It's no Being Human, but nor should it be. I'm unsure of it yet, after the first two episodes. I'm interested in seeing where it goes. I'm not quite sure who the zombies are proxies for, either.

Edited by King Pitcos

Anyone watching In The Flesh?

I watched the first episode and thought it was alright, even though there was very little to it and nothing really stood out. Missed the 2nd episode on Sunday, but will probably give it a watch over the next couple of days.

I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Is it not only on for thee episodes, so it finishes next week?

• Paid Members
I have every one of the films on DVD, but have only ever watched Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke. After hearing good things about the films I really need to free up some time to watch them all.

Whatever you're doing now, just stop. Put Totoro in that DVD player and enjoy.

The Cat Returns, Ponyo and Castle of Cagliostro are brilliant too.

• Paid Members

Just catching up on The Walking Dead. It's a show I enjoy when I'm watching it but then about 5 minutes after it ends all I can think of is how stupid, pointless and badly written it is. It's an odd one.

• Paid Members

Well, that Revolution is pretty awful isn't it? Looks like it's going to be the latest Lost/Terra Nova, in that it has a lot of potential with the backdrop it has, but is massively hampered by poor writing and wishy-washy dull characters.

It makes me worried about the next Star Wars film, given that I've disliked everything I've seen that JJ Abrams has been involved in (Lost, Alcatraz, Revolution). Somebody put my mind at ease and tell me the new Star Trek films are good...

Well, that Revolution is pretty awful isn't it? Looks like it's going to be the latest Lost/Terra Nova, in that it has a lot of potential with the backdrop it has, but is massively hampered by poor writing and wishy-washy dull characters.

It makes me worried about the next Star Wars film, given that I've disliked everything I've seen that JJ Abrams has been involved in (Lost, Alcatraz, Revolution). Somebody put my mind at ease and tell me the new Star Trek films are good...

Shit as it clearly is, Revolution has been picked up for another season some how.

From what i understand, Alcatraz and Revolution were both things Abrams was an exec producer on, rather than having any/much creative input. He did the same thing with a couple of shitty films that I fell for too. I thought the new Star Trek film was great fun though and I think the general reception was pretty positive. I think he actually directed that, rather than just investing money.

Thought the Life's Too Short special was very good. Far better than the series, essentially because it was an episode of Extras, rather than an episode of LTS. Cheggars and co carried the episode brilliantly, with Davies' character pretty much doing a 180 and becoming the straight man.

Also am about half way through S2 of Breaking Bad. Is there a general opinion on how the Seasons are ranked?

Started Spartacus yesterday. Watched 7 episodes in one evening. Going to finish off the rest of the first season today.

I know it has been said before, but the first couple of episodes are not great, but I mean in terms of acting and dialog which was just woeful. Luckily the story was good enough to keep me going and I'm finding it thoroughly enjoyable. My wife likes it too which is a bonus, I tend to enjoy TV shows more when I'm watching it with someone. However she does keep forgetting his name and keeps calling him asparagus instead. But I put that down to the couple of bottles of wine we drunk.

If there is one negative, it would have to be the overuse of the word cunt. It's starting to lose it's impact. But you could say that about most TV shows/films these days. I'm waiting for it to turn up in a PG.

Also, and I did tweet this earlier, but I wonder if the advert calling for extras included the sentence 'must show tits'?

Am I the only one that watches Game of Thrones but doesn't think its awesome? It's a decent teen drama (WOOO FUCKING! WOO DECAPITATIONS! WOO FUCKING! WOO BADASS SASSY TEEN GIRL! WOO FUCKING!) but its not really much more than that. Arya's fun (as much as I just mocked the love for her) and Peter Dinklage's character who's name I can't remember and its fun to see battle scenes with loads of extras but it's really not the greatest TV ever made is it? I'm not really insulting it, I watch it because I think its pretty tidy, but I still don't really get the love for it.