What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Yes that was me asking about Justified, I have seen up to episode of season 3 so far. It's ok and I will keep watching. However I'm not a big fan of TV shows where each episode has a new bad guy that ends up being killed by the end of the show, I prefer more of a build up across the season like True Blood, Sopranos and even shows like Prison Break and 24.

Also I was expecting more of a country/cowboy/western (or should that be southern)feel to it, with the exception of a few red necks it seems like it could be set in LA or New York and it would make no difference.

Both seasons of Justified build very slowly to nutty endings - normally the first episode of the series sets some stuff up, episodes 2-4 or so are very standalone with hints of whats to come and then it gets more bigger plot as the series progresses until big things are happening last two episodes. It's funny, the big plots are so good that I forget they come in slowly when recommending to others.

As for the country feel that comes and goes but the bigger stories (particularly the main season two one) definitely have a lot of that.

Stick with it - perhaps try and watch several episodes in a go. Theres so much good stuff to come!

Louie is flipping amazing, the God episode (near end of first series) is just brilliant.

Some people find it takes a bit of getting used to as it isn't so much a sitcom as a series of short films (with the occasional sketch thrown in). The Louie character stays roughly the same but he does switch around continuity depending on what story he wants to tell.

The way the show was made is pretty cool too, FX gave him a miniscule budget but he was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted (not so much in extreme content but often having segments that aren't typically funny but still brilliantly done) and he pretty much did the whole thing (writing, directing, casting, main roll) himself

Anyone else seen any of the Jim Belushi sitcom, "According To Jim"? It's your absolute bog-standard US family sitcom (wife, 2 kids) but... it's kinda funny actually.

• Paid Members
Anyone else seen any of the Jim Belushi sitcom, "According To Jim"? It's your absolute bog-standard US family sitcom (wife, 2 kids) but... it's kinda funny actually.

I saw the Lemonade Stand one the other day. It wasn't half bad.

torchwood miracle day was a very good start, enjoyed it

hated the end sequence showing whats to come. it was probably put in to cover for american ads but i stopped half way through. my own fault for watching it i suppose but hope it doesnt continue

• Paid Members
New season of Rescue Me starts tonight in America. I can't wait to download it in the morning!.

im on season 6 of Rescue Me and it's starting to piss me off. I still think the best thing about the show is the banter at the fire house, all the guys together a great, but the relationship thing between Janet, Sheila and Tommy just seems to be dragging on and on and on... it seems like the same things been happening for 2 seasons.

There's not enough White Sean in the show either.

• Paid Members

almost re-finished Carnivale season 1, and i usually dont start on something else unitl im done but i watched the first episode of Lights Out, the show only ran for a season but the first episode looked like it'll be my kind of thing. I'll watch anything to do with boxing and the show's about a ex-champ who was forced to retire through injury and is skint so he's doing some dodgy shit for money...i liked what i saw.

and has anyone seen the new Teen Wolf show? it looks like its gonna be horrible teen-horror nonsence but i haven't heard much about it, anyone?

It's decent ran for a few years but got cancelled last year he's since been in a show about lawyers that was on fx uk but thats been cancelled in the states as well.

Btw i cant be the only one disappointed at the cancellation of terriers and the chicago code in the last year? Shawn ryan must have really pissed people off by ending the shield.

watched that new show franklin and bash last night on e4, pretty decent comedy/drama starring breckin meyer (roadtrip) and mark paul gosslaar (zack morris)

I watched that expecting something horrible but it was a decent little show, nothing special but it gained a few laughs.