UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators
Watching some early 80s WWF TV shows. What does "discretionary viewer participation suggested for the following World Wrestling Federation event" at the start of the shows mean?

I think it was just promoter bluster to give the impression that the show would be dangerous and sexy, like horror movies that tell people of a nervous disposition or weak heart to leave the theater.

• Paid Members

SummerSlam 88 had an 15 certificate. Was this solely down to Elizabeth dropping her skirt? Carry on Camping was a PG, surely they werent handing out the big red 15 classification for that.

Andre's reaction was amazing to that, by the way. He had the face as if to say "Ted you're missing this, mate".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
SummerSlam 88 had an 15 certificate. Was this solely down to Elizabeth dropping her skirt? Carry on Camping was a PG, surely they werent handing out the big red 15 classification for that.

That was for the big red X when Beefer bladed after Bass cut him with his spur.

• Paid Members
SummerSlam 88 had an 15 certificate. Was this solely down to Elizabeth dropping her skirt?

I know damn well you already know the answer to this one, brother.

And because there was a bit right at the end of the video if you fast forward, where it shows Vince, Andre and the Mega Powers taking turns blistering Elizabeth's pussy with such force Jimmy Hart was shaking as he filmed it. Just pounding it. It was a fine moment from the four of them. Then Virgil stepped in and the video stopped. Suprised the BBCF commissioned it to be fair.

• Paid Members

The "X" didn't hide anything as well. You can still see Bass cutting him all up. Really brutal angle really. Kind of forgotten about.

• Paid Members

Is Kevin Kelly in ROH the same interviewer who was in WWF around 2000? I hear his name, but don't watch ROH so I've never seen him.

Also - there's a guy in ROH called John Grazziano. Is this the guy that Nick Hogan paralysed?

Around 11 IIRC, maybe a little earlier.

Question: Listening to the Attitude Era podcast and they're up to Survivor Series 1999. They mention a segment from Raw around that time where DX pretend to rape Stephanie, only to reveal the next week that it was "only" a local college student.

I have never heard of this pretty shocking-sounding segment (even for a company that has done necrophilia). Does anyone have a link to it?

• Paid Members
Question: Listening to the Attitude Era podcast and they're up to Survivor Series 1999. They mention a segment from Raw around that time where DX pretend to rape Stephanie, only to reveal the next week that it was "only" a local college student.

I have never heard of this pretty shocking-sounding segment (even for a company that has done necrophilia). Does anyone have a link to it?

Haven't heard of it either. It would be pretty mental if they did consider it due to the Marlena "X-Files" thing with Pillman implied rape problems back in the day. Pillman's "X-Files" is pretty shocking even now.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

The "X" didn't hide anything as well. You can still see Bass cutting him all up. Really brutal angle really. Kind of forgotten about.

I remember this Summerslam VHS being impossible to find in 1991 (at least where I was in Belfast). It led to a lot of speculation about what the 15 sticker was for - my older brother told me it was because Bad News Brown's pet monkey bites Brutus Beefcake's face off in it. Even the thought was traumatizing for 7-year old me.