UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I'm convinced that Kevin Nash dropped the "Whether you like it or you don't like it, I'm the best thing going today" at the Rumble 1996, before he legged it to WCW and the Order started saying it regularly.

I've went through the Rumble on my laptop and can't find it anywhere, but I'm nearly sure Big Kev said it before he went back to WCW. Am I imagining this?

• Paid Members
Did the nWo say that regularly? A little surprised, as I thought it was one of Flair's catchphrases.

Yeah, it's on the Back in Black DVD. Big Show and Hogan said it after taking over the announce table, and Nash said it when himself and X-Pac were challenging the Horsemen.

I'm nearly sure he bombed in with it at Rumble 1996 in a locker room or something.

• Paid Members
Summerslam 2001 was, not sure if there were any others?

I wanna say Summerslam 1999 as well.

According to wiki, you are correct. Also Summerslam 2000 (seemed logical to check that one with it being in between the other two.)

Thanks for your help

Does anybody know where I can watch Lipstick and Dynamite the documentary on the history of womens wrestling?

And I can't get my head around WWE travel scedules...When WWE Superstars travel from venue to venue is it like the old territories days and they drive themseleves to each city or do WWE pay for there flights? and are the Superstars on the round pretty much 7 days a week? they mustn't get to spend a lot of time in there actual houses. And, how do they get paid? I don't really understand contracts and downsides and such so I've always believed they get a monthly pay depending on their contract is that right? and what does downsides and upsides mean in regards to their contracts?

• Paid Members

Lipstick and Dynamite is on the US Netflix.

WWE usually schedules it so you work two or three house shows and the TV tapings in the same general area. They pay for a flight from your home to somewhere in that area on Thursday/Friday and then one back home on Tuesday/Wednesday depending on what shows you are. You have to sort out your travel between the shows, and your hotel, with the exception of overseas tours.

You "earn" money through a combination of house show pay-offs (based on your position and how well they draw), PPV payoffs (same system), and royalties from merchandise/video games etc. However you're guaranteed at least a minimum annual payment (the downside guarantee.)

Depending on your contract, you either:

get fixed regular payments (which add up to your downside) and then at the end of the year get a lump sum for the excess if you've "earned" more than the downside; or

get paid as and when you "earn" money (so a house show payoff shortly after a series of shows, a PPV payoff a couple of months after the show) then at the end of the year you get a lump sum to make up the difference if you've "earned" less than your downside guarantee.

As a general rule, if you're working regularly you'll make more than your downside.

Whichever system you are on, if you are out injured you'll usually get a regular payment equivalent to your downside while you're out.7

Edited by JNLister

How many times has Cena wrestled Undertaker on TV? I know they had a PPV match at (I think) Vengeance 2003. Pretty sure I remember Cena beating Undertaker in the #1 contender tournament on Smackdown. Any more?

Apart from Vengeance & the number one contenders also

Smackdown June 24th 2004

Raw October 9th 2006

• Paid Members
I'm convinced that Kevin Nash dropped the "Whether you like it or you don't like it, I'm the best thing going today" at the Rumble 1996, before he legged it to WCW and the Order started saying it regularly.

I've went through the Rumble on my laptop and can't find it anywhere, but I'm nearly sure Big Kev said it before he went back to WCW. Am I imagining this?

Bit late with this but I'm pretty sure you're correct. I'm almost certain he said that line at the '96 Rumble. As I recall it was a backstage interview with Michael Hayes at the end of the show. Back when the WWF used to end the PPVs with a few backstage interviews and President Monsoon announcements in late 95/early 96. And in the same segment I remember Nash getting arsey with someone off camera because they were trying to get him to wrap the interview up or something. "I'll get done when I say I'm done. You shut your mouth. Alright, now I'm done." I thought he was the coolest fucker breathing.

So yeah, I don't think you've imagined it, S&M. If you have then I must've as well.

• Awards Moderator
Bit of an odd question, but does anybody know why Big Show's film "Knucklehead" was released in the UK by Silver Vision? Cheers!

No big story here - Silver Vision were offered and bought the rights to several WWE Films, such as Legendary and The Chaperone. There were one-off day in date cinema showings too arranged by SV.

Did anyone see Sunday Brunch with Kurt Angle? The wrestling observer said he confirmed he has almost complete numbness in one hand. A second mostly rhetorical question is what the hell TNA are doing letting him in the ring if that's the case?!

Yes. He said he can move his left hand - which he's grateful for - but he has no feeling in it.