UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I imagine Kurt Angle was one of them. That was an old rumour floating about by loads of people in the mid-2000s. He sorted Jackie Moore out as well.,

EDIT: Actually, didn't she admit to cheating on Pat Kenny with Kurt in her shoot interview? She's publicly admitted it somewhere, I'm certain.

Also I believe the other one was Randy Orton. She even traveled with him for a period. Wrestlers are such characters, I bet if we knew everything about them our heads would explode. There's stuff about Hogan and Vince wife swapping back in the 80s going about. Vince apparently admitted this to his team on his jet in 2005 around the time Hogan returned. Just thinking of Hogan's arse bopping up and down on Linda McMahon is quite an image.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Vince told Bret that Hulk didn't want to put him over, Hogan told Bret Vince told him to put Yokozuna over, Hogan took him in a room with Vince and Vince said "I never said you were going to beat Hogan for the belt". Its up to us to make our minds up what really happened. Either Hogan took Bret to Vince knowing Vince was going to protect Hogan's story or Vince was playing them against each other because he sensed Bret was easy to wind up. Funnily enough, he did the same thing with Bret and Shawn a few years later.

• Paid Members

On TNT was Nitro always shown in full?

I was pretty young but i always thought Nitro wasn't finished and TNT cut to a shite movie but watching some Nitros back it might be because the cut scuffles mid way through at the end of the broadcast.

Or didn't we get the 3rd hour?

Edited by Fox Piss

I imagine Kurt Angle was one of them. That was an old rumour floating about by loads of people in the mid-2000s. He sorted Jackie Moore out as well.,

EDIT: Actually, didn't she admit to cheating on Pat Kenny with Kurt in her shoot interview? She's publicly admitted it somewhere, I'm certain.

Also I believe the other one was Randy Orton. She even traveled with him for a period.

She didn't say outright that she cheated on Kenny, hinting that they ended soon after she signed with WWE and didn't specify when these two relationships were taking place.

While telling a story about traveling with Orton she specifically said "nothing ever happened" before talking about the night he slept in her hotel room with her.

The only other blokes she mentioned that she was close to were Haas (also stating nothing ever happened between them despite the fact she had a crush on him during their time on the indies years earlier) and she would go out drinking with Rikishi, Mysterio, and Palumbo.

On the old RF shoot Dawn Marie did, she mentioned being with two wrestlers but didn't mention their names. On the RF Video site under the video listing, one of the bullet points for questions asked was: Rumours of your backstage romance with Kurt Angle.

On TNT was Nitro always shown in full?

I was pretty young but i always thought Nitro wasn't finished and TNT cut to a shite movie but watching some Nitros back it might be because the cut scuffles mid way through at the end of the broadcast.

Or didn't we get the 3rd hour?

When Nitro first moved to two hours the UK got a cut down version that was still only an hour long. It was edited down though, wasn't a case of the show just ending half way through. Before long we started getting the full 2 hour versions, and when hour 3 kicked in we got that too.

Didn't Nitro used to be on for 3 hours, then Thunder was on for 2 hours straight after, then a repeat of Raw was on for 2 hours at 1am or something on Friday nights. I imagine loads of people did sit there and watch wrestling for 7 hours straight on Friday nights. Thank goodness for Sky+.

• Paid Members

There was no Sky Plus for a lot of people in 99/2000. We didn't have it. We used to watch it for hours on end. 3 hours of Nitro which finished at 12, then 2 hours of Thunder and then the Raw repeat at 2 in the morning. Wouldn't do that every week of course. I'd just fuck Nitro off and watch it on DSF a lot of times. Then get up the next morning and go to town with my mate to buy Raw Magazine or WOW (after watching Live Wire to see what happened on Smackdown). Amazingly, I never used to get bored by it. I think there is a time in every fans life where we just want more and more wrestler, even if its shite.

I honestly blame this on why I'm such a horrendous sleeper these days. My sleep pattern is horrible and always has been.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

There was no Sky Plus for a lot of people in 99/2000. We didn't have it.

Sorry. What I meant was "thank goodness for Sky+ these days" Did it even exist then? I didn't have it until 2003. But I used to just watch Raw at 9pm and watch WCW if it was on during the ad breaks.

To be honest, I really wish I'd used my VHS to it's maximum potential back then. There was so much wrestling on then, that if you had a recorder, you could build an impressive library. To be honest, that's still the case today if you live in the right US states and have a decent TV provider, you have access to dozens of hours of wrestling from WWE, TNA, ROH, CMLL, AAA and the odd local indies. If I was 10/11 again and knew how to work my VHS effectively, I'd be going mad taping everything I could lay my hands on, whether it was 1999 or 2013.

• Paid Members

Couple questions as I've been out of the off-screen loop for a bit...

What is Vince's current role? He still at every Raw/PPV, running shit? Or is Trips all about that now?

What is Sting's TNA dealio right now? Any chance of him at Mania?

• Paid Members

Vince is always there and still has final say on everything. He's still in the Gorilla position for every TV and PPV and he's still the one in the stockholders meetings telling them why things are going good and the reason why they are doing poorly. If Triple H hires people that are quite shit (like writers and production staff) he's the one that gets rid of them. Vince is still 100% the man with the say there. HHH and Stephanie obviously have the most influence over him, though.

As far as Sting goes, he's done with TNA soon. They've broke up the Main Event Mafia and he's not doing much now. Looks like he's finishing up. The chances of him showing up at Mania are better than they've been in a decade, for what thats worth. The blokes in his 50s now. Its either now or never.

Are there any promotions doing proper old fashioned brawls anymore? Not so much the crappy ECW baking tray and "you fucked up chants" but proper slug fests with fists flying, knee drops, atomic drops and maybe, if they're feeling fancy, the odd backbreaker?