UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I doubt he would be. Goldberg wasn't the safest wrestler, seldom had great matches, and Austin being mates with someone doesn't stop him thinking they're beneath him. He cried his way to squashing Hall and Nash for their whole feud in 2002, and Nash is pretty much his best friend in wrestling. Plus "that match you all wanted to see 15 years ago" isn't a great selling point, nor a match between TWO guys who've both been retired ten years. Neither of them would be signing up for a match they're losing, either.

I don't think it'll happen with Goldberg because his best use would be squashing Heath Slater, and that wouldn't generate the revenue to justify the money he'd want. With Austin, they might finally pony up the megabucks and main event win that he wants this year. I'd still put him against Punk, even though we're 2-3 years past that being at its peak of interest. It's weird how Austin-Punk has become a less exciting prospect the more Punk has smashes the glass ceiling.

• Paid Members
Sadly, WWE killed Goldberg with his year long run there.

I don't agree. Some of the audience that was around for Goldberg's main WCW run had started to lose interest in the product by the time he appeared in the WWF, and most of the current audience wouldn't have been watching then either. Enough water has crossed under the bridge by now.

With the right build up and select vignettes, you could easily rehabilitate his standing in the Wrestling world.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

WWE's audience is mainly blokes over 30, though. I'd be surprised if they weren't watching Raw back then.

WWE could try to build Goldberg up again, but they've shown in the past that, unless they do Pitcos' Heath Slater scenario, they aren't going to be giving us the Goldberg we all want in a big time feud. Goldberg has constantly backed out of deals with them because he feels they don't value him as highly as Goldberg feels he's worth. Goldberg sees himself as up there with the likes of Austin and WWE don't think he is.

I still believe his WWE run dimmed his star, though. I'm a huge Goldberg fan (he was the only bloke who ever got close to the Stinger), but even I think they can get bigger and better for a main event at a 'Mania.

Ive been plowing through the rest of Raws from 1996 and am not up to the end of May 1997 and was wondering who those 2 Nation members were. I recognise everyone else but not sure who that skinny chap is with glasses who stands next to Clarence Mason. There was another guy who would also stand next to D'lo but not sure on him either. I dont think its the guy Ahmed put through the table at the rumble.

Around Cold Day in Hell they mentioned Rose Anderson passed away and mentioned her name on Raw. Was she anything to do with the wrestling Anderson family?

Edited by iamthedoctor

Ive been plowing through the rest of Raws from 1996 and am not up to the end of May 1997 and was wondering who those 2 Nation members were. I recognise everyone else but not sure who that skinny chap is who stands next to Clarence Mason. There was another guy who would also stand next to D'lo but not sure on him either.

Around Cold Day in Hell they mentioned Rose Anderson passed away and mentioned her name on Raw. Was she anything to do with the wrestling Anderson family?

The two dudes with The Nation would be PG-13 - JC Ice (Jamie Dundee) and Wolfie D.

• Paid Members

No. She was a friend of Vince McMahon's and he took the death very badly from what I've read online.

Ive been plowing through the rest of Raws from 1996 and am not up to the end of May 1997 and was wondering who those 2 Nation members were. I recognise everyone else but not sure who that skinny chap is who stands next to Clarence Mason. There was another guy who would also stand next to D'lo but not sure on him either.

The two dudes with The Nation would be PG-13 - JC Ice (Jamie Dundee) and Wolfie D.

No I dont mean PG- 13 the two guys I mean are black.