UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I take it we're not counting guys who wrestle once a year for the hell of it, otherwise Slaughter and Brawler have to be in consideration. Including non-wrestlers who are regulars on-screen, Michael Cole is up there: did he start in 1999? Or earlier than that even?

I take it we're not counting guys who wrestle once a year for the hell of it, otherwise Slaughter and Brawler have to be in consideration. Including non-wrestlers who are regulars on-screen, Michael Cole is up there: did he start in 1999? Or earlier than that even?

Cole's been there since 97 and must be a pretty good shout as the longest running on-screen talent in the company when excluding people who were off TV for extended periods of time. Unless some of the referees from back then are still around.

• Paid Members
Unless some of the referees from back then are still around.

If we're extending it to referees, Mike Chioda's been around without any extended break I can recall since the early 90s.

I don't think JBL has been employed continuously for the whole period - I don't think he was under contract prior to returning to cover the Lawler heart attack absence, since which he's stuck around of course.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members
After reading how Yoshi has been around since 2009 it got me wondering, who has been around for the longest (continuous) period of time in the WWE Locker room.

So obviously we have John Cena and Randy Orton both from 2002 but think it might be interesting seeing some odd ones pop up.

You're obviously not counting Triple H and The Undertaker, so it depends on what you're counting as "continuous" I am guessing you don't count those two as they've had lengthy voluntary absences that weren't specifically because of an injury. So, it's got to be Mark Henry, then Kane, then Regal, then Mysterio I'd have thought. And Jerry Lawler before Mysterio, if he counts.

Lawler would be obviously be way up there, were it not for walking out in 2001. But as we've also mentioned Mickey Cole, surely J.R is up there - even with his firings?

Mysterio has been around about as long as Orton and Cena.

Did Big Show ever actually leave the company proper on any of his hiatus'?

If we're talking referees, as mentioned Chioda has been around forever. Jack Doan has been knocking about for a while too, he's still there isn't he? Teddy Long has been hanging about for ages too. And if we're going beyond wrestlers and referees for regular/somewhat regular on-screen appearances there's Howard Finkel, Tony Chimmel and Mark Yeaton.

Is Ron Simmons still on the payroll?

Edited by ShortOrderCook

Jacobs made his first appearance as Kane at Badd Blood: In Your House on October 5, 1997, by using The Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver costing The Undertaker the victory in the first-ever Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels.

That's from Wikipedia...

I was always under they impression Glen Jacobs was Issac Yankem first in WWE, then went on to be the fake Diesel and then Kane? Rick Bognar left WWE after Royal Rumble 97.

• Paid Members

My brother used to swear blind that it was actually Undertaker in the Kane suit when they weren't facing each other. But my brother's...thick. I asked him why they'd bother doing that when it'd be easier to just have someone else play Kane. No answer. I also asked that if it was Taker, how did they make the tattoos on his uncovered arm disappear. Nothing. And when all that somehow failed, I explained that it was actually the same bloke who was Yankem and knock-off Diesel. I could see it finally sinking in. Then in '98 they did that angle on Raw where Taker did actually pop up in the Kane suit to batter someone. That was it, my brother was telling me he was right all along and wouldn't hear anything resembling sense. Pig shit thick, he is.

• Paid Members
So it was Glen Jacobs as Kane from his initial appearance, yeah? I didn't realise there was any doubt in that.

Jesus!

Different bloke. He was in Los Boricuas for a bit but wasn't used until years later where he turned up as Carlitos mate and stabbed Cena in some club. He never donned the Kane garb, although apparently he was a Conquistador.

• Paid Members
Different bloke. He was in Los Boricuas for a bit but wasn't used until years later where he turned up as Carlitos mate and stabbed Cena in some club. He never donned the Kane garb, although apparently he was a Conquistador.

Joke aside, you're getting Jesus and Jose mixed up with the Conquistador connection. Jose Jr was a Boricua, Jose Sr was a Conquistador.

A shame really, I was looking forward to writing that "Jesus' father was a Conquistador, before his eventual return as Shawn Michaels' tag team partner." Just kidding, that would have been a terrible joke.

Edited by air_raid