UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Orton outright says why he hates Bully in his WrestleCast interview.

Fancy sharing?

I wasn't being a dick about it, I couldn't remember what he actually said and wasn't in a position to Google it. :blush:

• Paid Members
Besides Heroes of Wrestling and The GAB 1991, what are largely considered the shittest PPV events ever?

King of the Ring 1995 is considered bad. It *could* have been good if they'd let Shawn Michaels get to the finals and Razor Ramon would have been fit. Even Undertaker was pinned in the first round.

Was that Razor Ramon injury a work? What was that about?

• Paid Members
Besides Heroes of Wrestling and The GAB 1991, what are largely considered the shittest PPV events ever?

In terms of the big leagues they don't come much worse than December To Dismember.

WCW Superbrawl 2000 is the only one that can challenge December To Dismember as worst big league ppv of the 21st Century.

An impressive achievement considering some of the names who wrestled: Bigelow, Booker, Kidman, Flair, Funk, etc.

I actually agree with Power Slam's critisism of this one when they said the best bit about the show was James Brown appearing, which was the culmination of a long Ernest Miller angle and got a big pop.

I suppose it's possible him being advertised could have added a few ppv buys, but they chose to do it as an unadvertised susprise instead.

1. The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea (with Paisley) vs Lash LeRoux

2. Brian Knobs (with Fit Finlay) vs Bam Bam Bigelow

3. 3 Count (Evan Karagias, Shannon Moore, and Shane Helms) vs Norman Smiley

4. The Wall vs The Demon

5. Tank Abbott vs Big Al in a Leather Jacket on a Pole match

6. Big T (with Stevie Ray and J. Biggs) vs Booker (no longer allowed to use the name T)

7. Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Vampiro

8. The Mamalukes (Big Vito and Johnny the Bull) vs David Flair and Crowbar (with Daffney)

9. Ric Flair vs Terry Funk in a Texas Death match

10. Hulk Hogan vs The Total Package (with Elizabeth)

11. Sid Vicious vs Scott Hall vs Jeff Jarrett (with The Harris Brothers)

• Paid Members

Fall Brawl '98 is complete and total dogshit. Terrible undercard full of bait and switch and ropey non-finishes, people on PPV that really shouldn't have been given the roster they had at their disposal, nonsensical convoluted main event devoid of action, full of stupidity and a flat finish. No World title match.

Starrcade '99 is also completely crap and features such booking overkill as :

Three swerve turns,

A wrestler doing commentary getting up to get the pin for his stablemates,

A match where a heel plays underdog for four cheating babyfaces then one of the babyfaces beats up a non-wrestling manager,

A tables match where the heel wins by merely TELLING the ref he'd put his opponent through a table (he hadn't), and,

A recycle of the Montreal screwjob where a babyface ref screws over a babyface challenger allowing the babyface champion to retain, and nobody knows (or cares) why. AFTER THREE OTHER REFS GOT BUMPED.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

I suppose it's possible him being advertised could have added a few ppv buys, but they chose to do it as an unadvertised susprise instead.

Miller repeatedly mentioned on TV he was bringing James Brown to the PPV, but since it was just his character on TV saying it rather than WCW themselves, nobody believed him.

Edited by air_raid

A tables match where the heel wins by merely TELLING the ref he'd put his opponent through a table (he hadn't)

Absolute pedantic cuntism here, but wasn't it a powerbomb match?

I'll stick up for D2D and say it's not the worst PPV ever. The Hardys/MNM match and Elimination Chamber save it from that unwanted honour, because they're actually both really good if you take them at face value. But everything in between? Fucking hell, it's grim. I mean totally devoid of anything even remotely approaching enjoyable. They literally had a 90 minute gap in the card on the day of the show as those two aforementioned matches were the only ones announced. So they just threw together 4 matches that were so unbuilt they made Superstars look like Wrestlemania X-7. I actually think it is the closest you can get to actually feeling dead. So no, D2D is not the worst, but it really comes fucking close.

My personal least favourite would be Wrestlemania 2.

• Paid Members

Nobody will agree with me and this isn't in a massive let down sense, but my least favourite PPV personally is WrestleMania X8. Hated everything about it and still do. Left me feeling horribly depressed about my beloved wrestling. Upsets me even thinking about it. Flair vs Undertaker and Arns delicious spinebuster are the only things I remotely like about the whole thing.

A tables match where the heel wins by merely TELLING the ref he'd put his opponent through a table (he hadn't)

Yeah, Sid and Nash. Nash was too blown up to actually lift Sid, hence the stupid finish. It wasn't actually booked that way as far as I'm aware, they just overestimated the two by assuming they'd actually be able to hit their finish after 10 minutes of hard nothing.

• Paid Members

The night after Starrcade 99 was the same length of the PPV and featured a ladder match involving Jarrett and Benoit and a main event of Bret vs Goldberg. Not hard to see why people stopped buying the PPVs under Russo's watch. Probably/definitely the worst writer in history when it comes to building to an event you actually have to pay money to see.

• Paid Members

Yeah it was, and I'd have made the same correction. "Pedantic" is so overused, people should care more about being right about shit. The really annoying thing is when I was typing I actually saw Nash in my mind's eye telling the ref "I spiked him" and making his little motion, yet still wrote tables match. I guess I'm just THAT excited about Cena/Ryback next week!!!

Yeah, 'Mania 2 was crap. Bulldogs/Dream Team was good. Seems every shite PPV has one good match to save it. Even Fall Brawl '98 had a really exciting Raven/Saturn match. Except the aforementioned SuperBrawl 2000. That's possibly the only wrestling tape I've ever fished out of a Woolies bargain bin for the pure purpose of seeing if it was as shit as it sounded.

On the basis of "no redeeming feature" from an in-ring point of view, that might be your winner.

The night after Starrcade 99 was the same length of the PPV and featured a ladder match involving Jarrett and Benoit and a main event of Bret vs Goldberg.

And a decisive ending that told you what direction the storyline was taking, rather than a confusing mess that left you thinking "what the fuck was that? Actually, I don't care. Fuck you, WCW."

Edited by air_raid