UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Who is the Iron Sheik talking to when he does his famous "Fack da tommorow, Facking Bullshit" line, and what are they talking about?

Also, did Raven bang Beulah? Am watching a Dreamer/Raven shoot, and Dreamer seems to casually allude to him shagging Beulah, which I thought was quite funny, as theyre now married and have kids.

• Paid Members
Well, they were a tag team at one stage, right?

They tagged between September 1999 and February 2000 (tag team champions for most of that), over a year after Buelah had gotten tired of wrestling and been written out of the storyline.

I imagine it's not out of the question that Raven had Buelah had a thing at some point during the two year plus run that the three were linked in ECW with her managing first Raven then Dreamer. Yes she married Tommy in the end, but they were not together the whole time as some people seem to think. During either the Douglas/Dreamer/Francine and/or later Raven/Dreamer/Francine alliances PS and the other mags repeatedly mentioned that Tommy and Francine were an item.

To be fair, you could tell me almost any female from ECW shagged almost any male, and I'd believe you. Except, strangely, I don't imagine Luna to have ever strayed from Vampire Warrior/Gangrel. Strike me as the sort of weirdos that complement each other too well to look elsewhere, if that makes sense. And I don't imagine anyone ever had a sordid tryst with Lance Storm.

Edited by air_raid

I was watching the Best of Nitro Vol 2 this morning and they showed a brief clip of two stings attacking Hogan & Bisch who then unmask to be DDP and Piper. Then the NWO comes out along with sting for a huge brawl and cage lowers during the fight.

Looked really good but they didnt put a date on at all. I dont remember this brawl at all during the UK airing of Nitro so must of been cut if anyone knows what show this took place on.

• Paid Members

Does anybody have any info on HHH childhood and relationship with his parents?

I mean as he ever mentioned it? I'm assuming he as a book out or something but it's been bugging me for a while. Plus he sent out a Happy Mothers day tweet but not specifically to his own mom.

I know it's slightly weird to be wanting to know this but i'm intrigued since i've never heard anything.

Edited by Fox Piss

I've looked at the figures for 2003 and it was getting between 3.0-3.7 on a weekly basis which is a fantastic number considering RAW struggles to get that these days.

Source: http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2003-ratings/

Cheers, doesn't surprise me. I was watching some Lesnar-Angle segments followed by the Summerslam 03 bout and it was brilliant TV.

In relation to Smackdown these days - having watched a bit of Smackdown for the third consecutive week I think they could really boost its viewership if they continue to have a semi-meaningful/first time match up on their each week. Daniel Bryan vs Dean Ambrose was a solid, intense battle and was really good viewing. Ryback vs Jericho was no masterpiece but was the exact type of main event that makes fans stand up and take notice and watch until the end of the show (I hope some breakdown in ratings doesn't go and completely disprove my point).

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Paid Members

I don't know about his old man...for some reason I've got some recollection of reading/hearing somewhere that his Dad wasn't there in his life really for some reason. I may be imagining that though. I definitely did read somewhere (Raw magazine I think - on an article on he and Chyna) and Chyne noted that he rings his Mam every day.

Does anybody have any info on HHH childhood and relationship with his parents?

I mean as he ever mentioned it? I'm assuming he as a book out or something but it's been bugging me for a while. Plus he sent out a Happy Mothers day tweet but not specifically to his own mom.

I know it's slightly weird to be wanting to know this but i'm intrigued since i've never heard anything.

I can't think where exactly but I saw someone touch on it in an interview recently, might have been Shawn Michaels on Stone Cold's podcast but I don't think it was. Surely it was an interview with one of the Kliq, though. I think it was about when he first started hanging around with them. Might have been Scott Hall on DDP's podcast, or something with Regal talking about the time HHH left WCW for the WWF. Anyway, the gist was that he was brought up well, was always instilled in him by his parents to be respectful, had a normal home life etc which was strange for a wrestler. There was something more specific than that, some trait or particular instance that related to him getting his values from his parents, but I can't remember what it was.

According to IMDB, his father was his best man at his wedding to Steph.

And a little quote on how his parents took to him getting into wrestling: “When I was about 18 I told my mom, I said, mom I want to become a wrestler. And she looked at me like I was a complete idiot, but she said, hey, if that’s what you want to do, do it, always follow your dreams. Now, she loves it, but back then my parents weren’t really glad that I wanted to become a professional wrestler, but they were always supportive.”

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Scott Hall goes into it in depth funnily enough in his latest Torch Talk interview with Wade Keller. He said when Triple H first came him the Clique initially thought "he doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs and he's came from a loving family? I really hate him now". Scott Hall mentions few wrestlers had their parents still together. Apparently you had to be really fucked up emotionally to get into the circus that was wrestling in the early to mid-80s.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay