UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Im pretty sure Flair & Steamboat did a 90 minute match on TV possibly PPV but not sure.

I'm pretty sure they didn't. They did a 60 minute broadway at Boogie Jam in March 1984. Whether or not they ever went longer on the road - and I can't see the point in doing so - I'm not sure, but you won't find a longer televised match between the two. The longest match they had in '89 when they had three televised title matches was 3 falls at Clash VI which went 55 minutes (approx) combined.

• Moderators

Wouldn't be surprised if they did it on the road. Windham and Flair hooked it up for a couple of 90 minute efforts, for example.

EDIT: No they didn't. I forgot wrestlers are liars.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I think Flair and Windham did some 90 minute matches but Steamboat and Flair didn't.

On the Heyman owing people money stuff, from a legal perspective he didn't owe them the money once the company went into bankruptcy. Morally of course is a different thing.

• Paid Members

Were they paying RVD big money to keep him or just paying him nothing at all for ages? Was it easier for Paul E. to throw Angels of the Baldies his meagre salary to keep him off his back while giving RVD nothing?

Were they paying RVD big money to keep him or just paying him nothing at all for ages? Was it easier for Paul E. to throw Angels of the Baldies his meagre salary to keep him off his back while giving RVD nothing?

RVD fucked ECW off - people forget that with all of his ECW praise. He stopped wreslting for them when he stopped getting paid. RVD wasn't about to work for free, he had other options. That's why he was gone in late 2000, and when he "returned" at GAC2001, he was paid in full, in advance.

• Paid Members

RVD had verbally agreed a deal with WCW. He was set to debut at the Big Bang show along with a load of workers from that Ultimo Dragon school, Joey Styles and a load of ECW wrestlers and all those who walked out on WCW before the company folded.

Ah 2001 WCW. What it was going to be a merger of available former ECW wrestlers, the roster they currently had, the likes of a returning Hogan, Goldberg, DDP, Hall and Nash, early 2000s indy wank and the aforementioned Japanese junior heavyweights. What a roster they'd have had. They were going to have Bob Mould and this wiz kid called John Muse booking it as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

What was the longest wrestling match in WWE/WCW ever filmed?

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 26.

Speaking of long, how come there's such a big gap from WrestleMania to Extreme Rules this year? The build-up hasn't made the most of the extra time (if anything, it's been hurt by it) and there'll be a spell later in the year where they're doing two pay-per-views in three weeks or something.

Edited by King Pitcos

I remember WWE being a bit disappointed with the buyrate for Extreme Rules last year, it was a good number, but not the mega-success they were anticipating given the return of Brock Lesnar. They may have attributed the buyrate to there being a 3 week gap between Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules. This time around, they probably gave it more time to maximise the effect of using Lesnar in a feature match.