UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Amazingly their website is britishwrestlersreunion.com

All the info you could possibly need is on there.

I've been many times, but not for a few years. It's well worth going to, but if you are just a fan, remember, it's not a meet and greet. It's a reunion, so they are there to hang out with people they know. If you know what to expect when going, then you'll have a great time.

• Paid Members

Vince McMahon shouted at her to the point of her breaking into tears as soon as she walked through the curtain, I remember reading. He was well pissed off with it. He said it was "vulgar" or something along those lines and made a point about how much trouble it would be to edit it out. This is the same month he was burying religion, so to offend Vince must have really hit a nerve.

It was pretty daft. Doing anything like that without getting permission is mental.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I can sort of see her getting caught up in the moment and doing it. The crowd reaction was fantastic. It was a mixture of "OHHHHHH!", "YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!" and "EWWWWWW!"

I wonder if the difference is the question of tone. Vince challenging God to show up at Backlash was mostly just hokey, and maybe that's why it was considered fun (which it was) and less offensive than Mickie James' moment which came during a more serious storyline.

• Moderators

I seem to remember the God stuff causing a bit of offense at the time (not in myself, obviously.. but the general media response).

It was all obviously played for laughs on the night with the spotlight and all that... but in the build up I remember there being a bit of tension like "haha.. oh shit, what is he actually going to do at Backlash and how offensive is it going to be?"

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I always wonder how the storyline of Vince being the father of Stephanie's baby would have played out. I always imagined that getting a shit load of bad mainstream press. One of them storylines like the Trish Stratus dog barking angle that people play to set Vince up on talk shows and in court.

• Paid Members

Not heard it anywhere. I do know that even though he's retired Patterson has been listed as agent for some WrestleMania matches as on a DVD extra (maybe the True Story documentary) there was a shot of a whiteboard with a running order and the assigned agents for each match. I'd strongly suspect he'd have done Rock-Cena just because he goes so far back with Patterson, plus its the type of match where you're looking for insight to make it better rather than the guys needing loads of help just to make a match work.

• Paid Members

Yep, both the Observer and the Torch covered it extensively in person. Not sure aout the Torch, but if you are a member at the Observer site, you can get the back issues. They are from July and August 1994.