UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just watching the go home episode of RAW before the Rumble 2003 and Raven comes out in a traditional attire with trunks which looked abit odd. I had no idea he was still with the WWE at this point. Anyway on this episode he faces a very sloppy Jeff Hardy and loses. Raven looked good in the match I thought.

Onto my question, how come Raven left the WWE? Any backstage shit? I remember reading that he booked heat for a while too so he had some sort of power

Vince McMahon hates him, and was really pissed off when he was even re-hired. His card was marked from the second Vince noticed him backstage.

• Paid Members

I always thought Ravens WWE run was great. Some generic stuff with him only half lurking in the background for the most part, but some cracking matches , That match with Rhyno at Backlash was amazing.

Raven could of been a decent mid carder for wwe, had he not left/became suddenly really old looking.

• Paid Members

Raven had a cracking 2003. He turned up in TNA unannounced, stole the World title and had a great little feud with Jeff Jarrett. He lost momentum when they didn't put the belt on him and fell down the card.

• Paid Members

This might have been answered already, but anyway: Elimination Chamber is still called No Way Out in Germany, so what are they going to call it next year? Or is No Way Out going to have a different name? Or are they just going to have two No Way Outs every year and end up with a situation more confusing than No Mercy 1999?

This might have been answered already, but anyway: Elimination Chamber is still called No Way Out in Germany, so what are they going to call it next year? Or is No Way Out going to have a different name? Or are they just going to have two No Way Outs every year and end up with a situation more confusing than No Mercy 1999?

I would expect 2 No Way Outs, not much point coming up with new names just for one country

• Paid Members
Vince McMahon hates him, and was really pissed off when he was even re-hired. His card was marked from the second Vince noticed him backstage.

It wasn't just Vince either, according to Raven anyway. He said in Power Slam that he came up with a storyline involving him, Tommy Dreamer and some people from OVW that Vince totally loved but Brian Gewirtz just flat out refused to book.

Vince loved him at one point though didn't he? He seemed to be doing everything when he was Johnny Polo.

Raven had a cracking 2003. He turned up in TNA unannounced, stole the World title and had a great little feud with Jeff Jarrett. He lost momentum when they didn't put the belt on him and fell down the card.

If remember right, the original plan was to put the belt on him but his contract was expiring and they didn't want to risk him either fucking off with belt or holding them up for more money. It was a pity though because

• Paid Members

I love hearing the story of Raven being backstage for the first time when he was re-hired, Vince seeing him and saying "Who the fuck hired Raven?!"

• Paid Members

WWF offered him a job on the creative team before he was released in 2003. By all accounts, Pat Patterson and Vince never liked his work in the ring and didn't get his gimmick. But they thought he was a smart bloke who could be an asset to the creative process. They thought this in 1994 as well, when they took him off TV and gave him a job in the office. They also liked him as a commentator as well, and he asked in 1994 and in 2003 to be taken off commentary when they put him behind the headset. If Raven acceptable a role as commentator and on creative, he might have still be around now.

He's probably completely on the shit list after trying to sue them, though.

WWF offered him a job on the creative team before he was released in 2003. By all accounts, Pat Patterson and Vince never liked his work in the ring and didn't get his gimmick. But they thought he was a smart bloke who could be an asset to the creative process. They thought this in 1994 as well, when they took him off TV and gave him a job in the office. They also liked him as a commentator as well, and he asked in 1994 and in 2003 to be taken off commentary when they put him behind the headset. If Raven acceptable a role as commentator and on creative, he might have still be around now.

He's probably completely on the shit list after trying to sue them, though.

Would have thought so but both him and Kanyon who also sued, were included in the top 50 wcw list which just came out... my understanding is that if you really are in the shits with WWE they will either bury you or just ignore you ever existed, so you never know!

Edited by jm29195

• Paid Members

From what I understand part of Raven job in 94 was to catalog some of the WWF video library, so he would spend months on end just watching old wrestling tapes. He could of literally done nothing for the rest of his entire life if WWE only wanted him to do jobs like this, whilst pitching in for creative stuff.