UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

There's a short clip of Big Dave warming up in a bumper segment before going to break on Raw where he is interrupted by a fan who mimics his entrance before being chased off by security. It's a great clip but seems to good to be true. What's the story? I want it to be a shoot but it looks to good to not be a work. If was a work what was the point?

Not sure that link will work as I'm posting from my phone.

Yeah, I can't remember the exact context but this and a few other moments of silliness were supposed to imply "Cor, Raw's proper gone off the rails, it's mental round here lately". The Adamle thing sounds possible too. Or possibly during a time where there was no GM maybe. I can't even remember what other off-kilter acts occurred as part of it, there were only a few weren't there?

Speaking of Adamle. WWE put a video of "bad news" moments on youtube the other day, based around Wade Barrett, and one of them was Adamle being introduced by Shane McMahon as new GM. At that moment he was in the ring interviewing Batista and John Cena. Just after Shane introduces him, the crowd, Batista and Cena have a moment to take it in, Batista looks at Adamle and Adamle looks back at him and says "how you doing Dave?" Cracked me right up, Adamle was great for stuff like that.

Speaking of Adamle. WWE put a video of "bad news" moments on youtube the other day, based around Wade Barrett, and one of them was Adamle being introduced by Shane McMahon as new GM. At that moment he was in the ring interviewing Batista and John Cena. Just after Shane introduces him, the crowd, Batista and Cena have a moment to take it in, Batista looks at Adamle and Adamle looks back at him and says "how you doing Dave?" Cracked me right up, Adamle was great for stuff like that.

I fucking loved Adamle. I could be misremembering it, but wasn't this a case where he wasn't interviewing them, but he just brutally overhit his cue and was in the ring spoiling Shane's reveal?

WWE developed a pretty nasty habit of making the GM role an incompetent boob for the most part from the end of Eric Bischoff's tenure onwards, but with Adamle, he actually suited that role really well and they axed him sooner than they should have. Cluelessly clueless, the charm with him was just how off the pace he was, not some goof like Coach or Maddox or Jonny Ace being scared of getting in trouble off the gaffer and constantly getting one-upped by the top babyface they inexplicably insist on disliking. Adamle was a genuinely different prospect in the role and I just don't think the writers at the time a) had the flair to focus on the potential nuances the character had or b) could be arsed writing good stuff for him. I still laugh to myself about stuff like him chastising Kane for influencing kids to walk around the playground carrying a burlap sack. The GM is such a fucking rudderless spot at this stage, this was a breath of fresh air.

I fucking loved Adamle. I could be misremembering it, but wasn't this a case where he wasn't interviewing them, but he just brutally overhit his cue and was in the ring spoiling Shane's reveal?

You could see him in the background getting up. You could blame the camera op / editor more than Mike on that one to be fair, the dude had to get up to be in position for the reveal after all.

• Paid Members
Does anyone know where I could get an A2 or A3 sized Wrestlemania 1 poster? The Hogan/Mr T one? Or failing that just general earlier Mania posters of the same size? Thanks.

If you do find out, could let me know too! Would love to get my hands on a few of those.

• Paid Members
Does anyone know where I could get an A2 or A3 sized Wrestlemania 1 poster? The Hogan/Mr T one? Or failing that just general earlier Mania posters of the same size? Thanks.

If you do find out, could let me know too! Would love to get my hands on a few of those.

Will do.

I desperatley want to get this in poster form:

wrestlemania6.jpg

But that's pretty low quality. Anybody happen to know where I might find a higher quality image?